Newcastle vs Bournemouth

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

On the basis of what, will the takeover happen? Long way to go yet on that front, and we've heard nothing in two weeks now.

I suspect Ashley will stick to his guns concerning allowing the club to spend what it makes. With the TV deal, this might be enough for Rafa. Don't think we'll go down even if he leaves though. You would hope that Ashley can see the financial value of having someone decent in place.

Staveley's attendance, people in the press being confident, Benitez' change in demeanour, Ashley's rhetoric, the people we're linked to.

The latter is because if it was someone unknown; "Far East Investors", or "A consortium of local businessmen" I wouldn't expect the rumours to have any basis. These PCP folk have previously shown serious interest in buying a Premier League side, so they're no joke.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah but Ashley is.

He is, and if the interested parties weren't PCP and Staveley I'm convinced he'd fuck it up. But they're keen to buy, he's keen to sell and get out of here. 

I'm sure there'll be frustrating negotiations about the price and I'm sure he'll chance his arm quibbling about keeping Sports Direct involved in our retail arm, but he wants to sell and they want to buy so there'll be compromise on both sides. 

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Still believe it when I see it tbh... Nothing I've seen from Ashley save the appointment of Rafa, suggests there is a good outcome on the horizon in anything he does.

And I get that, but the public announcement of openness to a sale, the meetings with Staveley, the PCP link, the due diligence and Benitez' demeanour all point to forward movement in this regard. 

Were there no announcement, no meetings, no link to weighty suitors, no announced due diligence, and if Benitez was as sullen as he was when the Summer window shut, I wouldn't believe these rumours for a second.

50 minutes ago, The Fish said:

And I get that, but the public announcement of openness to a sale, the meetings with Staveley, the PCP link, the due diligence and Benitez' demeanour all point to forward movement in this regard. 

Were there no announcement, no meetings, no link to weighty suitors, no announced due diligence, and if Benitez was as sullen as he was when the Summer window shut, I wouldn't believe these rumours for a second.

This post makes me really hopeful, but this:

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Still believe it when I see it tbh... Nothing I've seen from Ashley save the appointment of Rafa, suggests there is a good outcome on the horizon in anything he does.

Jimbo's telly tbh.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

He is, and if the interested parties weren't PCP and Staveley I'm convinced he'd fuck it up. But they're keen to buy, he's keen to sell and get out of here. 

I'm sure there'll be frustrating negotiations about the price and I'm sure he'll chance his arm quibbling about keeping Sports Direct involved in our retail arm, but he wants to sell and they want to buy so there'll be compromise on both sides. 

i'm sure there's something in it too. but it's us, don't forget. it's bound to all go tits up, isn't it? 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i'm sure there's something in it too. but it's us, don't forget. it's bound to all go tits up, isn't it? 

I'm sure even if we are taken over by oil rich Saudi Princes with Rafa Benitez given a vast transfer budget, we'd still find a way to Newcastle it up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm sure even if we are taken over by oil rich Saudi Princes with Rafa Benitez given a vast transfer budget, we'd still find a way to Newcastle it up.

Yeah there will be booing if we finish 5th.