Newcastle vs Bournemouth

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was really pissed off with the booing after the game.  Much more than the actual result which lets face it could have gone either way.  I first started going to matches in the days when we absolute dross like George Riley, Tony Cunningham and Billy Whitehurst playing for us.  But in those days no one would have dreamed of booing the team, especially when they were clearly trying.  The sad fact is that so many of our supporters these days are part of a generation brought up watching football on Sky thinking we have the right to beat anyone who's not in the top six.  We should be beating teams like Burnley and Bournemouth is something you hear regularly.  Why should we be beating teams who were able to spend £20m on a centreback while we're paying £5m for a striker?  We've just had to basically start again, getting rid of uninterested overpaid mercenaries like Sissoko and the like, and we've got a team of players who actually want to play for the club and we boo them for conceding a last minute goal of a game we could have very well won but for some poor officiating.  It's fucking pathetic.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I was really pissed off with the booing after the game.  Much more than the actual result which lets face it could have gone either way.  I first started going to matches in the days when we absolute dross like George Riley, Tony Cunningham and Billy Whitehurst playing for us.  But in those days no one would have dreamed of booing the team, especially when they were clearly trying.  The sad fact is that so many of our supporters these days are part of a generation brought up watching football on Sky thinking we have the right to beat anyone who's not in the top six.  We should be beating teams like Burnley and Bournemouth is something you hear regularly.  Why should we be beating teams who were able to spend £20m on a centreback while we're paying £5m for a striker?  We've just had to basically start again, getting rid of uninterested overpaid mercenaries like Sissoko and the like, and we've got a team of players who actually want to play for the club and we boo them for conceding a last minute goal of a game we could have very well won but for some poor officiating.  It's fucking pathetic.

Aye, I think there's a good portion who thought that just because we did well in the pub league, have Rafa BEnitez in charge and had a decent start we're suddenly a midtable Premier League side again. Look at who we started against Bournemouth man, a few players who haven't cut it in the Premier League, a raft of inexperienced young lads, and don't forget Stoke's surplus striker.

I'll be delighted if at the end of the season we're where we are now*.

*unless we're suddenly flooded with Oil Money.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye, I think there's a good portion who thought that just because we did well in the pub league, have Rafa BEnitez in charge and had a decent start we're suddenly a midtable Premier League side again. Look at who we started against Bournemouth man, a few players who haven't cut it in the Premier League, a raft of inexperienced young lads, and don't forget Stoke's surplus striker.

I'll be delighted if at the end of the season we're where we are now*.

*unless we're suddenly flooded with Oil Money.

Even without Rafa some of the morons would be saying we should be beating the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth (and Watford, West Brom, Stoke etc etc) because none of these teams were big names since Sky took over running English football.  

I agree, with the current resources available to Rafa, finishing in or around where we are now would be an excellent result.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Would any of the current first team get in the the best 11 under Mike Ashley's reign? A first team squad?

(Mitrovic aside, obvs)

Given the other choices, one of the centrebacks might make it in there alongside Colo but I'm struggling to think of anyone else.

I think our centre backs are the best we’ve had in a long long time. Ritchie and Merinho aside, Rafa has had the rest punching above their weight until last few games..

The crowd should stop any boo-ing.. (although you can sympathise a little with a pathetic 2nd half and giving the late goal away).. but as some above here have said, if we finish in the table anywhere around where we are now, we have done exceptionally well!

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Would any of the current first team get in the the best 11 under Mike Ashley's reign? A first team squad?

(Mitrovic aside, obvs)

#TakingTheBait

Given

Debuchy -- Colo -- Lascelles -- Enrique

Ritchie -- Cabaye -- Tiote -- Ben Arfa

Wijnaldum

Ba

Not sure if Given really counts, and I'm including these players from their peak. I know the likes of Debuchy and Enrique's stock fell quite considerably after leaving.

Gone with Wijnaldum as number 10 because 14 goals in that sh*t show was a pretty good return even despite his terrible away record.

Honourable mentions for Cisse, Remy, Jonas, Shelvey and Merino.

29 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

#TakingTheBait

Given

Debuchy -- Colo -- Lascelles -- Enrique

Ritchie -- Cabaye -- Tiote -- Ben Arfa

Wijnaldum

Ba

Not sure if Given really counts, and I'm including these players from their peak. I know the likes of Debuchy and Enrique's stock fell quite considerably after leaving.

Gone with Wijnaldum as number 10 because 14 goals in that sh*t show was a pretty good return even despite his terrible away record.

Honourable mentions for Cisse, Remy, Jonas, Shelvey and Merino.

I'd have Ben Arfa on the right and Jonas on the left to be honest. Bit too early for Merino, surely?

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

York City vs Curzon Ashton.

I don't care what department store you went to you could have been here supporting NUFC.   You, Andrew, Tom, Ant, and let's see here where's my notebook...

...oh yes, Ant and Alex, Meenster, and quite a few of you are responsible for the mixed up mojo over the last couple of weeks.  Yup, bad mojo. Shame.

57 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

I don't care what department store you went to you could have been here supporting NUFC.   You, Andrew, Tom, Ant, and let's see here where's my notebook...

...oh yes, Ant and Alex, Meenster, and quite a few of you are responsible for the mixed up mojo over the last couple of weeks.  Yup, bad mojo. Shame.

I was in York too, but I didn't go to the Meenster.

• Like 1

Wether Ashley stays or sells up whoever's in chatge in the January window we MUST sign a proven premiership striker.That must be priority over everything else without the striker we're going to be in big trouble. Yes we can contain teams but we're going to need a proper goalscorer it's no good containing if we've no fire power up front. We all know the old cliche "goals win games" and thats what we need. Through out NUFC's history we've always had a good goalscorer Milburn, McDonald, Cole Ferdinand, Shearer etc thats what we need now .