Newcastle vs Bournemouth

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It doesn't have to be a proven PL striker. Bringing in someone from abroad with a decent record is much more likely to happen.

Whoever it is it must be a priority

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We may as well sell mitro if it releases funds for a new striker in January because it’s obvious Rafa doesn’t fancy him so what’s the point in holding on? 

I think they'll probably put Gayle back up if Ashley's still in charge as i dont think he's 100%. Of course if we're bought we should be ok funds wise. Just if Ashley's still here i can see Rafa having to sell to buy.

2 hours ago, trooper said:

I think they'll probably put Gayle back up if Ashley's still in charge as i dont think he's 100%. Of course if we're bought we should be ok funds wise. Just if Ashley's still here i can see Rafa having to sell to buy.

I'd get shot of Gayle to be honest. For all Benitez doesn't seem to trust Mitrovic, Gayle surely doesn't work in our system?

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Plus he's still likely to fetch £12m for a Championship club who need a guarantee of goals.

Yeah, Mitro's value must have dropped significantly, despite his performances on the international stage. I'd be surprised if anyone paid £10m for him now. Which is a shame, because he's still better than Chris fucking Wood.

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'd like to see him given another chance, but the mood music suggests he won't. 

Aye, if players like Murphy, Diame and Gamez are still occasionally getting on the pitch and he's not, I can't see him coming back into the fold. Unless Joselu gets crocked and Gayle continues his barren run.

You know, I think our loss to Bournemouth was in part responsible for Bilic's sacking at West Ham. The 3 points they got jumped them out of the bottom three putting West Ham back in the cellar. Had that not happened Bilic may have survived another week or two due to the International break. After all their loss to Liverpool was to be expected and no big surprise but the Bournemouth win over us resulted in sinking the Hammers into the bottom three which appeared to be the last straw for Bilic.

3 minutes ago, Noelie said:

You know, I think our loss to Bournemouth was in part responsible for Bilic's sacking at West Ham. The 3 points they got jumped them out of the bottom three putting West Ham back in the cellar. Had that not happened Bilic may have survived another week or two due to the International break. After all their loss to Liverpool was to be expected and no big surprise but the Bournemouth win over us resulted in sinking the Hammers into the bottom three which appeared to be the last straw for Bilic.

I reckon losing 4-1 at home to Liverpool was more responsible mind :lol: 

And having the worst defence in the league.

And only Palace having won fewer games.

After having spent £40m on players like Hernandez, Hart, Zabaleta and Arnautovic...

Edited by The Fish

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

my hammers mate is absolutely gutted it's moyes but apparently he was the only manager they approached who fancied the job.

No great surprise, but I bet they didn't cast the net as far as they could. Surely there'd be impressive coaches in the lower leagues, or someone from a foreign league? Managers who'd take a gamble if only for the chance of managing in the Premier League?

41 minutes ago, The Fish said:

After having spent £40m on players like Hernandez, Hart, Zabaleta and Arnautovic...

i thought their signings looked alright on paper, other than hart, who's a dodgy keeper. better than ours at least. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Aye aa knaa that Mr.Fish, but I did say "in part responsible".