Newcastle vs Bournemouth

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

I dont get why people say our team is poor on paper. Match it up against the likes of Swansea, Brighton, Palace, Huddersfield, Watford etc. Man for Man I'd rather have most of our team than most of Watfords. 

Is that because our players are better than their's or because you don't know their players?  I've not watched much of Watford but I'd say for a start that Gomez, Deeney, Richarleson and Gray would all be an improvement on what we have.

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t expect him to change his approach for Rafa, even if it means he walks. And tbf, Rafa would probably keep us up with games to spare if we’re on 20 odd points by Christmas. We’re unlikely to go on the kind of run we did when pardew was in charge. 

He might change his approach if he's wanting to ensure a sale goes through but it hasn't by January.  You'd like to think (although with Ashley you can't be sure) that he'd realise that in order the make the sale go through he needs us to be in the premier league and Rafa to  be in charge.  Would it be worth him risking the sale by risking our safety by not allowing Rafa to spend?  Also I'm pretty sure we get a payment in the winter from the TV rights, so he wouldn't need to put his own money in, just allow us to spend what we should have.

51 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Is that because our players are better than their's or because you don't know their players?  I've not watched much of Watford but I'd say for a start that Gomez, Deeney, Richarleson and Gray would all be an improvement on what we have.

Gomez is a horrific keeper. Deeney only scores penalties and Gray is just a younger Gayle. Richarlison definitely have him, but the others? Nah, not improvements on what we've got.

32 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Gomez is a horrific keeper. Deeney only scores penalties and Gray is just a younger Gayle. Richarlison definitely have him, but the others? Nah, not improvements on what we've got.

Gomez is one of those 'keepers that can win you games on his own with spectacular save after spectacular save, or lose you them because he's a bellend.

I'd rather have Deeney than Joselu, Gayle or Mitrovic.

Haven't seen enough of Gray, but he's highly rated and a Gayle that isn't afraid to stretch his legs is a better Gayle than the one we've got.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Gomez is one of those 'keepers that can win you games on his own with spectacular save after spectacular save, or lose you them because he's a bellend.

I'd rather have Deeney than Joselu, Gayle or Mitrovic.

Haven't seen enough of Gray, but he's highly rated and a Gayle that isn't afraid to stretch his legs is a better Gayle than the one we've got.

All 3 are genuinely poor players. Elliott is better than Gomez and Mitro and Gayle are better than Gray and Deeney.

9 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

All 3 are genuinely poor players. Elliott is better than Gomez and Mitro and Gayle are better than Gray and Deeney.

I respect people will have differing opinions to me, but you're just offensively wrong.

;)

6 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

How anyone can claim someone who's scored 23 PL goals in the last two seasons is worse than Gayle or Mitro is beyond me.

Because 10 of them have been penalties. He's truly average and no better than what we've got. 

No idea how anyone can claim Gomez is a better keeper that ours like. He's a shambolic keeper.

10 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

How anyone can claim someone who's scored 23 PL goals in the last two seasons is worse than Gayle or Mitro is beyond me.

Booze probably?

1 hour ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Nah just using my eyes to see that he's just a bang average striker who only scores penalties.

Is that all he does? He doesn't hold up play, lead the line, bully defenders or owt? 

Weird how your eyes are different to mine.

We won't go down under Benitez. Under him we just won't go on a shocking run to drag us into the mess like we did under Pardew, Carver and McClaren. 

And with regards to January, I personally think that we have to be taken over in order to have money to spend. If Ashley is still here another penny won't be put in. 

I know nowt, but I'm pretty positive that this takeover will happen. For our sake it has to. If it doesn't, I can see us relegated again and AO starting up again... in addition to Rafa leaving of course. The only way I can see it not being done is if he changes his mind at the very last minute which he has been known to do. Dyer to West Ham-esque. For all his faults, financially we are run very well in that there is no external debt or massive loss making going on. If we are at the stage it seems to be at due to the lack of news, a price must have been agreed in principle that Ashley is obviously happy with and of course the would be new owners. I think its a case of crossing the t's and dotting the i's as already talked about before finalising. 

I'm hoping, anyway.

I'm just hoping there's some new news during the International break. Even if it's just evidence that the takeover is actually happening and nothing else.

We're at a real tipping point; if the takeover doesn't happen I expect Rafa to leave, if that happens I expect us to go down and doubt we'll bounce straight back. If the takeover does happen Rafa will stay, bring in some new players in January and we'll kick on and not be worried about relegation for quite some time.

The fact that he's still here, his grin after the Liverpool game when he was asked about Staveley's presence, him looking really happy in press conferences I think shows he knows something and is staying as he knows a takeover is in the works.

From the looks of things it looks like it's going to be Staveley and PCP with Saudi backers/investment.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

You've just drawn a line from this takeover failing to us being stuck in the Championship (at best). That's being a fanny.

If this takeover fails, can you see Ashley spending the kinds of sums Benitez will be happy with?

If Benitez isn't happy can you see him sticking around?

If he doesn't stick around can you see another manager doing enough with this squad to keep us up? Within the context of a niggardly owner.

If we go down again will Ashley throw the kind of money he did last time? We don't have the saleable assets we did then to fund it.

and so on.

fwiw, I do think the takeover will happen.

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If this takeover fails, can you see Ashley spending the kinds of sums Benitez will be happy with?

If he doesn't stick around can you see another manager doing enough with this squad to keep us up? Within the context of a niggardly owner.

If we go down again will Ashley throw the kind of money he did last time? We don't have the saleable assets we did then to fund it.

and so on.

On the basis of what, will the takeover happen? Long way to go yet on that front, and we've heard nothing in two weeks now.

I suspect Ashley will stick to his guns concerning allowing the club to spend what it makes. With the TV deal, this might be enough for Rafa. Don't think we'll go down even if he leaves though. You would hope that Ashley can see the financial value of having someone decent in place.

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

and so on.

Reported!!