ATSU

Anorthernsoul

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

Considering what we payed he’s been alright imo. 

It's funny as we could say that about most of the team, even the players I have given a lot of stick this season. I heard earlier this week the current starting 11 cost £70 million to assemble, which in modern terms is mental. Even the return from Perez, 169 (34), who is still only 25, is very good value for money. Funny how attitudes to policies can change with a few wins.

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

It's funny as we could say that about most of the team, even the players I have given a lot of stick this season. I heard earlier this week the current starting 11 cost £70 million to assemble, which in modern terms is mental. Even the return from Perez, 169 (34), who is still only 25, is very good value for money. Funny how attitudes to policies can change with a few wins.

Depends where you spend your money. You can get bargains at the back. For too long our refusal to spend decent on attack is what has held us back. We’ve got Rondon on loan who would be at least £25m in today’s money.

• Like 2

Aye, you can assemble a decent back line on a shoestring, or close enough, because the defensive side of things is largely about communication, strength and organisation. When you consider Rafa's eye for a player, it's not a surprise that our defence is solid as a rock. But, imagine if Rafa got his first choices in attack for the last two seasons? You can argue that Murphy and Muto, for £20 million combined, represent a failure but £20 million for two attackers in this day and age gets you fuck all. Or, in other terms, it gets you Murphy and Muto.

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, you can assemble a decent back line on a shoestring, or close enough, because the defensive side of things is largely about communication, strength and organisation. When you consider Rafa's eye for a player, it's not a surprise that our defence is solid as a rock. But, imagine if Rafa got his first choices in attack for the last two seasons? You can argue that Murphy and Muto, for £20 million combined, represent a failure but £20 million for two attackers in this day and age gets you fuck all. Or, in other terms, it gets you Murphy and Muto.

Still holding out hope for Muto, language barrier and Asian Cup have hurt his chances so far. When he's played he's not look bad. Tidy goal he scored against manu.

• 3 years later...

There is still a lot of unconfirmed information and a lot of commotion. But apparently, the president of the Turkish club has just said that Atsu is still under the rubble of the building and that they have not found him.

I hope it is a misunderstanding.

• Sad 1

I have to admit I feared the worst when the circumstances were first announced. Hopefully he can eventually make a full recovery but it sounds like he’s lucky to be alive

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Jesus Christ, some of that footage is shocking. Makes you appreciate living in a place where we have no real natural disasters. 

Just man made ones. :cuppa:

• Like 2