ATSU

Anorthernsoul

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just done a minute applause at Goodison. 

I don't want to sound arsey about this, but I hate a minutes applause for this type of thing. A minutes silence is appropriate in this case as a mark of sorrow and respect. It's a true tragedy. A minutes applause should be reserved for a person who has lived a long, full life. Like Bobby Robson, 90 today. Mind I guess a minutes silence followed by applause today will be impossible to organise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't want to sound arsey about this, but I hate a minutes applause for this type of thing. A minutes silence is appropriate in this case as a mark of sorrow and respect. It's a true tragedy. A minutes applause should be reserved for a person who has lived a long, full life. Like Bobby Robson, 90 today. Mind I guess a minutes silence followed by applause today will be impossible to organise.

What about if they get someone doing the Bruce Forsyth thing where you lift your arms for applause and drop them for silence. 

• Haha 4

Terrible news. A lovely lad by all accounts. Earthquakes are absolutely horrendous. Full well remember the disastrous 8 point something that struck northern Pakistan in 2005 and left hundreds of thousands dead. It's a humbling site to see whole cities flattened and literally no going back for the survivors. Feel horrible for those in Turkey and Syria right now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 18/02/2023 at 15:21, Renton said:

This is it, far too many dickheads to get through a full minutes silence without it being ruined.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is it, far too many dickheads to get through a full minutes silence without it being ruined.

Tbh it's not just people being dickheads, its almost impossible to hear instructions over the PA system nowadays, the sound quality is fucking abysmal. Add in people coming in a bit late and not aware, maybe a bit pissed. They did put his portrait up on the big screen (when are we getting better screens btw) which worked quite well.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...