Christmas 2017

Park Life

Christmas Day should be interesting we've 2 of my daughters & their kids coming for dinner. I dont mind that but both are bringing their partners i can't stand the pair of them. Ones an alchoholic he'll bring 8 cans of stella with him have a bit of turkey mash & gravy ( he wont eat veg & drink all his cans himself. The other one will be nipping outside for a quick smoke every 5 mijutes getting off his titsvon whatever it is he smokes. Tye both of them all ways run out of food despite one daughter working & the other daughters alky partners work me & Mrs T end up sendingvthem stuff out the freesef (we wont give them money) i'll probably have my dinner & watch Shrekmor whatever the Xmas film is with the grandkids while i drink my dry ginger ale .

12 minutes ago, trooper said:

Christmas Day should be interesting we've 2 of my daughters & their kids coming for dinner. I dont mind that but both are bringing their partners i can't stand the pair of them. Ones an alchoholic he'll bring 8 cans of stella with him have a bit of turkey mash & gravy ( he wont eat veg & drink all his cans himself. The other one will be nipping outside for a quick smoke every 5 mijutes getting off his titsvon whatever it is he smokes. Tye both of them all ways run out of food despite one daughter working & the other daughters alky partners work me & Mrs T end up sendingvthem stuff out the freesef (we wont give them money) i'll probably have my dinner & watch Shrekmor whatever the Xmas film is with the grandkids while i drink my dry ginger ale .

Christ mate, that's brutal.

I could always run them over if you like? 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

You'd hate me, I'm like a combination of the two

To be honest I was thinking "8 cans? that's not too bad is it?"

Me and my dad start the day with "a wee dram to warm us up". like we're in a crofters lodge on the side of a mountain, instead of a retired couple's oven of a house, and after that livener it's endless red wine, prosecco/champagne and finally more whiskey before arrogantly falling asleep while the wimminfolk natter on about some bollocks on tv.

Just now, Gemmill said:

I spend it thinking "what is the earliest I can leave without appearing rude?". I pretty much spend my life thinking that though. 

Even when you're having Christmas at your own gaff?

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

To be honest I was thinking "8 cans? that's not too bad is it?"

Me and my dad start the day with "a wee dram to warm us up". like we're in a crofters lodge on the side of a mountain, instead of a retired couple's oven of a house, and after that livener it's endless red wine, prosecco/champagne and finally more whiskey before arrogantly falling asleep while the wimminfolk natter on about some bollocks on tv.

He'll have had 4 or more before he gets here he wakes up every morning looking for a can we've tried to talk to him but he's in denial so what can you do .

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I spend it thinking "what is the earliest I can leave without appearing rude?". I pretty much spend my life thinking that though. 

Same. I look at the schedule and work out escape routes. Or better still not turn up if I've said I'll pop in laters. :razz:

The box sets of Mad Men, Suits and The Bridge take on a new life.

Edited by Park Life

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

He'll have had 4 or more before he gets here he wakes up every morning looking for a can we've tried to talk to him but he's in denial so what can you do .

hurry him along? feed him spirits and hope he drinks himself to an early death? 

37 minutes ago, trooper said:

I never knew you were related to Ant and TheGingerQuiff

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Me too. Though I think I'm in the minority in not hating my entire family.

Yup, spend plenty of time with my side and Mrs A's side, who all get along really well as it is, its great.