Manchester United V Newcastle United // Saturday 18th November // 17.30 KO // Old Trafford

Anorthernsoul

Low hopes, not high ones about this one. They have in-depth strength that we don't. I can only hope our back-four will prevent a cricket score. They have goal scorers galore, something we are sadly lacking. If Rafa intends to park the bus it had better be an expandable double-decker.

4 hours ago, Noelie said:

Low hopes, not high ones about this one. They have in-depth strength that we don't. I can only hope our back-four will prevent a cricket score. They have goal scorers galore, something we are sadly lacking. If Rafa intends to park the bus it had better be an expandable double-decker.

We haven't been on the receiving end of any cricket scores so far, have we? What’s the most we’ve conceded in a match this season - 2 goals? We may not offer much going forwards but we don’t ship many goals and they’re not in the best form. I can see us nicking a point here if we get through to half time and it’s still goalless.

The only team I’d worry about embarrassing us right now is Man City - but they’re putting 4 or 5 away against most teams.

Edited by Dr Gloom

On paper it should be a cricket score. Look how much they spend on a single player, compared to our total net spend.

but we have a manager who is made for games like these and he gets right under mourinho’s skin, which would make any kind of result even more satisfying. 

Always get the fear against this lot. Lived as a student in chorlton for a few years and watched many a game in the local surrounded by reds, fuckin cantona flags on the walls, pictures of Denis law behind the bar etc. 

Hope for a draw, fear a whoppin’ and subsequent panicked nonsense from fans.

22 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Fucking hell. Going off some of the replies on this thread it's like were being managed by Pardew. Have some faith ffs. No point being negative before kick off.

TBF, there's no point in being positive either. Whatever helps people get through the day :lol:

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

TBF, there's no point in being positive either. Whatever helps people get through the day :lol:

I wouldn't say I'm entirely positive about today and the result we'll get either. However people going on about it being a cricket score and how shit some of our players are is a bit annoying. Were not managed by Carver or Pardew or Maclaren anymore. Were managed by Rafa Benitez who's getting the most of the players we have and by no means have any of them been shit this season. Underwhelming maybe but not as bad as people make them out to be.

Fear the worst, hope for the best. It’s not blind hope either now we’ve got Rafa. Obviously they’re massive favourites but I’ve not seen much from them lately to suggest they’ll hammer us 

1 hour ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Fucking hell. Going off some of the replies on this thread it's like were being managed by Pardew. Have some faith ffs. No point being negative before kick off.

Not from me, I'm having a pound on Will Ferrell's prediction