World Cup 2018

Meenzer

Saudi Arabia-Egypt has to be the least inspiring group fixture since... ...well, probably Bosnia-Iran in 2014 actually. :lol: Not especially planning to take the afternoon off work for that one anyway.

To be fair, Argentina v Iceland 4pm on the first Saturday could truly get the juices flowing.  Iceland are no mugs these days, but even a draw would cause heavy embarrassment for the Malvinas lusting fools.  What a start that would be to the World Cup, actually bigger than Cameroon beating the then world champions opening game, when I was a bairn.

Edited by McFaul

I thought that book which compiled all the Panini sticker albums from past World Cups (which I bought :lol: ) was fucking expensive but it's a steal compared to that.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that last one was gbh. reminded me of this 

Remember watching that game. Ref gave a goal kick.

Edit: I was delighted when Italy beat them in the final. The way they colluded with Austria in the Disgrace of Gijon didn't exactly win them many friends either.

Edited by Alex

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

ref gives a goal kick, battison is taken off, sparked out, on a stretcher :lol: 

Iirc, he had missing teeth, broken ribs, a hairline fracture to his spine and his heart stopped beating. It was actually a scintillating game quite apart from that

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Remember watching that game. Ref gave a goal kick.

Edit: I was delighted when Italy beat them in the final. The way they colluded with Austria in the Disgrace of Gijon didn't exactly win them many friends either.

They just couldn't cut the mustard in the end.

• Haha 1