World Cup 2018

Meenzer

I sort of see where Noelle is coming from. Where is the creativity in the centre of that midfield? There isn’t any beyond Loftus-Cheek. Wilshere would be a massive punt, as would a half fit Lalana, but who else is going to be the playmaker?

He’s going to start Dier and Henderson in the middle, isn’t he? :jesuswept:

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I sort of see where Noelle is coming from. Where is the creativity in the centre of that midfield? There isn’t any beyond Loftus-Cheek. Wilshere would be a massive punt, as would a half fit Lalana, but who else is going to be the playmaker?

He’s going to start Dier and Henderson in the middle, isn’t he? :jesuswept:

Absolutely. 

As you say the creative players all carry a little bit of risk, so he’s just bottled making any sort of decision on it. It’s fucking absurd and is exactly why a bloke like Southgate shouldn’t be in the job. He’s basically taking 10 defenders in a 23 man squad (if you count Delph and Young), you don’t need that level of cover for a squad that’s likely going to play 3-5 games ffs. 

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

Absolutely. 

As you say the creative players all carry a little bit of risk, so he’s just bottled making any sort of decision on it. It’s fucking absurd and is exactly why a bloke like Southgate shouldn’t be in the job. He’s basically taking 10 defenders in a 23 man squad (if you count Delph and Young), you don’t need that level of cover for a squad that’s likely going to play 3-5 games ffs. 

I would say you have to count Delph and Young given they're only good enough for their current club and country at full-back

• Like 1

Belgium and Spains squads have been announced.

No surprises with Spains, its incredible as it has been for years now.

No Nainggolan in Belgiums which is a surprise from a "quality" point of view but he and Martinez have never got on and, tbh, he's always come across as a knob to me so thats probably why. Hes immediately announced his international retirement and complained that some people don't like it when you're too "REAL" ( :lol: ) which somewhat makes the point. Squad is still superb though somehow Christian Benteke has made it in.

Just now, Ant said:

He's been of the leagues best players apparently (not saying that means much mind)

Naingolan not getting into that squad is fucking mental, Fellaini , Januazji and Tielemans are fractions of the player he is, then you've got witsel and carrasco dicking about in china

They can't deal with his realness though so he was never going to get in.

Kane announced as England captain. Pleasing as it means hopefully Henderson won’t be an automatic starter alongside Dier. I’d like to see Loftus-Cheek in there because there is literally no one else in that midfield capable of passing the ball forwards.

20 hours ago, Andrew said:

Belgium and Spains squads have been announced.

Spain's squad looks good, they can even afford to leave out  Morata, Fabregas, Alonso and Bellerin

Goalkeepers: David de Gea (Manchester United), Pepe Reina (Napoli), Kepa Arrizabalaga (Athletic Bilbao).

Defenders: Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal), Alvaro Odriozola (Real Sociedad), Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid), Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea).

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Isco (Real Madrid), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), David Silva (Manchester City), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Saul Niguez (Atletico Madrid), Koke (Atletico Madrid).

Forwards: Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo), Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid), Rodrigo Moreno (Valencia), Lucas Vazquez (Real Madrid).

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Kane announced as England captain. Pleasing as it means hopefully Henderson won’t be an automatic starter alongside Dier. I’d like to see Loftus-Cheek in there because there is literally no one else in that midfield capable of passing the ball forwards.

3 at the back =2 wingbacks + 3 in midfield;  Hendo,Dier & AN Other...in the abscence of Lalana, Lingard?

Leaves Ali in behind Kane, who tbf has had the best season out of any player in the squad and deserves to be skipper, despite his monotone cock in the gob voice and banal cliched bollocks he talks. 

I understand folks reservations about the mackem but he's very good in Klopps system. I just don't think Gareth is going to get them to play a high energy pressing game in a tournament. Strikes me as there's one game plan, wingbacks and Ali feed Kane, which is limited to say the fuckin least...

Edited by PaddockLad

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

3 at the back =2 wingbacks + 3 in midfield;  Hendo,Dier & AN Other...in the abscence of Lalana, Lingard?

Leaves Ali in behind Kane, who tbf has had the best season out of any player in the squad and deserves to be skipper, despite his monotone cock in the gob voice and banal cliched bollocks he talks. 

I understand folks reservations about the mackem but he's very good in Klopps system. I just don't think Gareth is going to get them to play a high energy pressing game in a tournament. Strikes me as there's one game plan, wingbacks and Ali feed Kane, which is limited to say the fuckin least...

That would have him leaving out Sterling, I imagine it'd be a central midfield 2 of dier and henderson with Sterling and Alli behind Kane.

37 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That would have him leaving out Sterling, I imagine it'd be a central midfield 2 of dier and henderson with Sterling and Alli behind Kane.

Goodness Andrew, it's almost as if you've looked at the squad and not just picked the first random name that came into your head :D

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Goodness Andrew, it's almost as if you've looked at the squad and not just picked the first random name that came into your head :D

Well, I do have too much time on my hands :blush:

19 hours ago, Meenzer said:

They must know there's no point even trying to beat this Giorgio Moroder classic. :boogie:

Not exactly 'I Feel Love' like, is it?