Meenzer

35 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Whatve you backed tonight gem?

I've got a treble on.

Brazil -1

Both teams to score: No

A goal in both halves: Yes.

Money back if one leg lets you down.

Neymar got a right kicking in that match. Thought it was a canny match overall mind, been a good tournament so far only a few stinkers imo. Really enjoyed the Germany v Mexico match, that Lozano will get a big move off the back of this tournament if he keeps it up. 

14 hours ago, Andrew said:

The big teams have largely been poor so far, Brazil up this evening to sort it out!

They didn't, it goes on!

Belgium and England today to actually show up?

That Swiss performance was class. Lichtsteiner, Behrami and Schar were immense and even if Neymar was half-fit, he looked a bit all-fart and nee-shite. Mexico were terrifying on the break and if Hernandez wasn't such a gigantic waste of space from any further than 4 yards out, they'd have probably put Germany half-way out of the tournament. Lozano looked excellent but the two central midfielders had such a grip on Kroos that the entire German attack collapsed.

Interesting that no "big" side have looked too impressive yet, even though it's likely that France, Uruguay, Brazil etc. will grow into the tournament. If Belgium trounce Panama, it doesn't count because they're shite but I'm half expecting England to turn up tonight, trounce Tunisia and for everyone to lose their mind.

I really enjoyed the job Mexico did on Germany, they could've won by a lot more than they did.

I'm not all that convinced of the "controversy" of the Swiss equaliser tbh, Miranda never looked like he was getting there anyway, for that space, 4 yards out to be so empty was shite by Brazil, where was the keeper?

46 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I really enjoyed the job Mexico did on Germany, they could've won by a lot more than they did.

I'm not all that convinced of the "controversy" of the Swiss equaliser tbh, Miranda never looked like he was getting there anyway, for that space, 4 yards out to be so empty was shite by Brazil, where was the keeper?

He didn't look like getting there and was badly position but he was still fouled. He should've been stronger too but a push in the back is a blatant offence. Not arsed like, the Swiss were worth their point. If it wasn't one of the big teams like Brazil I wonder how much coverage it would've got though

So what does everyone expect from tonight’s game? England’s young bucks to romp home with a convincing victory or the usual turgid, anxious shite we’ve become accustomed to?

I’d like to think this younger group could go and play with more freedom than their predecessors - they don’t have the history of previous failures hanging over them, expectations are at an all time low and there are some match winners in the team, despite the squad generally being one of the least exciting of recent times.

My prediction: one nill to the Eng-er-land, with a nervy last 10 minutes after we fail to kill the game off.