World Cup 2018

Meenzer

Good old BBC providing "balance" by quoting social media users both for and against that penalty decision despite it pretty clearly being a penalty.

Poulsens arm outstretched above his head in an aerial challenge he was nowhere near getting his head on. 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Good old BBC providing "balance" by quoting social media users both for and against that penalty decision despite it pretty clearly being a penalty.

Poulsens arm outstretched above his head in an aerial challenge he was nowhere near getting his head on. 

I haven't seen it so couldn't possibly comment...however I did see this from our very own Happy Face...

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I haven't seen it so couldn't possibly comment...however I did see this from our very own Happy Face...

So the VAR has concluded that the weird position of poulsens arms in a challenge he was never winning has amounted to a deliberate attempt to block the ball (which I wouldnt disagree with, he was miles away from legitimately challenging for that header).

The referee on the pitch has missed it for whatever reason and has agreed on review.

Shame his own quoting of the rules betrays his attempt at making a point. "Does not neccessarily" is nothing like "does not mean". A defender sticking their arm up in the air when they're between the attacking player and the goal when they can't get to the header is an obvious attempt to increase their size in an attempt to stop the ball getting past them. There's absolutely zero reasons to have your hand up otherwise in a sport where you're penalised for handling the ball. The yellow is because doing the above is unsporting conduct, also known as cheating.

13 minutes ago, NJS said:

Would love to see how high all you fuckers could jump with your arms strapped to your torsos.... 

Keep your sick kinks to the general forum thanks.

Mbappe comically finding his way to the ground whenever there's a defender near him. Ahhh, France, don't ever change.

13 minutes ago, OTF said:

Mbappe comically finding his way to the ground whenever there's a defender near him. Ahhh, France, don't ever change.

There should definitely be more cards for cheating like.