World Cup 2018

Meenzer

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The German league being a complete one-horse race for about 5 seasons probably hasn't helped the competitive edge of some of these players either

Is this also the reason Scotland wont win the world cup  :D

So if it’s 0-0 with 5 to play tonight, do we put on Phil Jones with strict instructions to get himself sent off?

Im all for keeping the unbeaten momentum going but the top half of the draw looks much tougher.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So if it’s 0-0 with 5 to play tonight, do we put on Phil Jones with strict instructions to get himself sent off?

Im all for keeping the unbeaten momentum going but the top half of the draw looks much tougher.

Mate, Iceland knocked us out of the euros, we didn't get out of the group at the last world cup and were done in the first knockout round at the one before.

It doesn't matter what half of the draw we end up on, just keep playing well and trying to win games for me.

You end up like Germany with your kind of thinking.

I have to say the joy with which the English media has greated Germany's exit is a bit pathetic. Thw two sides haven't been on the same level for a long time. It's all very mackemesque.

And before someone else says it, yes, I feel the same about the Irish who bask in England's regular failures. Though we do have a bit more reason to dislike English football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

I have to say the joy with which the English media has greated Germany's exit is a bit pathetic. Thw two sides haven't been on the same level for a long time. It's all very mackemesque.

And before someone else says it, yes, I feel the same about the Irish who bask in England's regular failures. Though we do have a bit more reason to dislike English football.

It's the attitude of the German team/players that drives the delight in their exit if you ask me. Other favourites will go and not attract the same scorn.

13 minutes ago, OTF said:

It's the attitude of the German team/players that drives the delight in their exit if you ask me. Other favourites will go and not attract the same scorn.

Except Brazil

21 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Except Brazil

All the years there's been superstars in football, neymar has to be up there with the worst of the lot. Maybe I haven't seen as much of him as some so am underestimating him but when you think back to the likes of Ronaldo, Romario, Zidane etc this kid isn't even remotely in their bracket. 

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

All the years there's been superstars in football, neymar has to be up there with the worst of the lot. Maybe I haven't seen as much of him as some so am underestimating him but when you think back to the likes of Ronaldo, Romario, Zidane etc this kid isn't even remotely in their bracket. 

Hes unquestionable a superb player, just look at his record for brazil, 56 goals in 88 games at the age of 26.

Hes also unquestionably a bellend.

2 hours ago, Howay said:

The thing that bothers me about it is the same cunts have been trying to derail this England team since before the tournament started. 

But that’s them all over, patriots until there’s a big story shaming one of the players. Although you could probably say the same about the fuckwits that buy the papers they write for 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hes unquestionable a superb player, just look at his record for brazil, 56 goals in 88 games at the age of 26.

Hes also unquestionably a bellend.

I just don't see it, tbh. No doubt he's a talented kid, bell end or not, but there's been players you feel it's been a privilege to watch and he has never had me feeling anything like that.