World Cup 2018

Meenzer

Personally I like watching an England side that can control the ball a bit and don’t immediately panic and batter it forward under the slightest pressure. This England side have been the most enjoyable to watch in my lifetime tbh, probably the most likable too as they seem to give a fuck and don’t let club rivalries stop them from playing together. 

Not it sure why Noelie thought England didn’t deserve to win, even if you thought we weren’t particularly good I thought Colombia were a fucking joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adios said:

Sweden were absolutely awful in the final third today but they're a very solid unit defensively and for a side that struggles to create chances, that's going to be a big problem.

1-0 to Sweden, I reckon.

Tbf I don’t think England are too bad at creating chances, we created a lot against Tunisia but couldn’t finish our supper that day. Then got kicked into next week by Panama and Colombia so had to rely on set pieces. The Belgium game was the second string for both sides so didn’t say much. If Sweden do look to frustrate I just hope they don’t try and kick England off the pitch, or if they do I’d like the ref to actually take some control of the game. 

FWIW I still don’t see England winning or owt, I’ve always wanted this tournament to just be an enjoyable one where we played some decent stuff and imo it’s been both of those things. My issue is now all these fucking slugs who ripped England to bits pre-tournament will be jumping on the bandwagon and starting the “we’ll definitely win” craic before going on like they’re the shitest bastards to ever play the game whenever we inevitably lose. 

• Like 1

Utter shit of a game. Anyone gets started on the Colombian shithousery must have the blinkers on for the top 6 boys. Watched it in a north Tyneside bar and was thoroughly depressed at the 85% Geordie clientele who were there. The future's fucking bleak is all I can say.

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Utter shit of a game. Anyone gets started on the Colombian shithousery must have the blinkers on for the top 6 boys. Watched it in a north Tyneside bar and was thoroughly depressed at the 85% Geordie clientele who were there. The future's fucking bleak is all I can say.

Although I'd add, 3/4s weren't recognisable from a Newcastle United game. Hopefully once every four year wankers.

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Gan suck Noelie's dad's cock aswell.

IT'S COMING HOME.

26 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

You've reminded me of something I was thinking during the game, and I hate that it's no longer called out.

If you went down like Henderson from getting a tap like that on the chin in the pub, you'd go off and find a dark corner to hang yourself from the shame.  Why is it suddenly acceptable in football?  I mean, Neymar is on a different fucking planet with that shite, but it's just not on.

Having said that, Colombia were a fucking joke and England far the more well-behaved side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adios said:

You've reminded me of something I was thinking during the game, and I hate that it's no longer called out.

If you went down like Henderson from getting a tap like that on the chin in the pub, you'd go off and find a dark corner to hang yourself from the shame.  Why is it suddenly acceptable in football?  I mean, Neymar is on a different fucking planet with that shite, but it's just not on.

Having said that, Colombia were a fucking joke and England far the more well-behaved side.

It’s a shame when it comes down to who has the better shithouse. We need a world class shithouse if we’re to compete

1 minute ago, Kitman said:

It’s a shame when it comes down to who has the better shithouse. We need a world class shithouse if we’re to compete

Aye, it's an epidemic though.  I think Croatia - Denmark was the first match this tournament I watched that wasn't a sack of utter shithousery from start to finish.

4 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Fuck off man you negative cunt. ………………………………. Gan choke on ya dad's cock.

I will if you have him dug up, he's in Saltwell Cemetery.

4 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Gan suck Noelie's dad's cock aswell.

Looks like Anorthernsoul is recruiting help to dig me dad up.

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Eh?

no, i think you said a bit more

Although I'd add, 3/4s weren't recognisable from a Newcastle United game. Hopefully once every four year wankers.

both posts are utter bollocks.

6 hours ago, adios said:

Simply? Players don't trust the ref to apply the laws of the game if they don't exaggerate contact.

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Simply? Players don't trust the ref to apply the laws of the game if they don't exaggerate contact.

It's still awful though. That from Henderson and then Maguire getting praised by Hoddle for diving then waving the ref off from making a decision. Bullshit from the pair of them.

Edited by Gemmill

I agree with HF's tweet implying Kane was clever for the pen as well - he deliberately set off stumbling, inviting the player to fall on him. Bloke was daft and it was a foul but still iffy. 

Not surprised to see Neville encouraging "cleverness" either. 

Henderson was right to go down. It should have been a straight red and he went down to draw the referee's attention to it. Why shouldn't he?

Staying down like a massive tart was maybe unwise.

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: tell me more