World Cup 2018

Meenzer

1 minute ago, Renton said:

When is Noelie going to log on to tell us England were shit and were lucky against a much superior Sweden?

I imagine we'll be wanting a Croatia win tonight? If Russia win the pressure will be immense. 

It would be mint to put the Russians out though. Harry Kane grabbing a mic and doing the Rocky 4 speech at the end.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

It would be mint to put the Russians out though. Harry Kane grabbing a mic and doing the Rocky 4 speech at the end.

Blood in the fucking streets if that happens though.  Bring it on!

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Strong performance that. I’m fucking buzzing after that. I think the next game will be tough, either a roided up Russia or a Croatia we will struggle to get past the midfield of. 

You can beat a roided up Russia. I think we’re in the final tbh, but France or Belgium will be one match too far. The winner should come from that side of tjone draw. But what an effort from a squad of players that most people said was the worst for generations 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I’d love it. Putin watching on. 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think the players this time round aren't as bad as the "Golden generation" bollocks. Am still struggling to give a fuck but that's down to previous years I think. 

Cheer up ffs. Footballs coming home and Brexit is going soft x

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Can you see England getting past Belgium or France? Possible, but unlikely imo. 

No, but getting to the final would be a massive achievement. And in 90 minutes, particularly against Belgium, who have never won it? Who knows? 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Cheer up ffs. Footballs coming home and Brexit is going soft x

:D

Now we've reached the semi's I accept it's my duty to get behind the team. ;)

Howay England! 

• Haha 1

Fuck it, I'm getting on the bandwagon.

I like Southgate, there's a humble work ethic to his England squad (probably why Shelvey wasn't considered <_<) and it's probably good for Newcastle if they win.

Anyone got the red and white facepaint handy? 

• Haha 1

Think that’s the best England performance i can recall in a real high pressure match since the semi final of Italia 90

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

When is Noelie going to log on to tell us England were shit and were lucky against a much superior Sweden?

England strike force of Kane & Sterling were brilliant at putting inferior Sweden in disarray.

England's midfield, led by Henderson, were creative and brimming with flair throughout.

England's defense were the epiphany of domination and control in quelling inferior Sweden's efforts.

England's keeper was faultless and magically magnificent in holding the fort.

There, happy now? ……...probably not as the slaggers will always find fault with my critique anyway no matter what I write.:razz:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Think that’s the best England performance i can recall in a real high pressure match since the semi final of Italia 90

Hard to disagree with this. 

They never really looked troubled by the pickled fish-munching sex maniacs, and were cool, calm and collected … mostly :D

It’d be interesting to hear a non-partisan opinion, from maybe Isegrim? 

3 minutes ago, Noelie said:

England strike force of Kane & Sterling were brilliant at putting inferior Sweden in disarray.

England's midfield, led by Henderson, were creative and brimming with flair throughout.

England's defense were the epiphany of domination and control in quelling inferior Sweden's efforts.

There, happy now? ……...probably not as the slaggers will always find fault with my critique anyway no matter what I write.:razz:

You’ll see us win the World Cup twice, you jammy beggar! :D

3 minutes ago, Noelie said:

No, that's all quite reasonable.  Cheers, @Noelie!

PS: *epitome  ;)  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, adios said:

Honestly, I usually get behind England but can’t this year.  The lack of a Newcastle connection doesn’t help and they have a couple of unlikeable characters in this team.

It also doesn’t help that I predicted they’d not do well because Southgate is a limited manager with no plan B and god forbid I should be wrong about something! 

Having said all that, I'll be happy for a few of you if you pull it off. <_<  

Maybe you're just pissed off because you were wrong

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Props to the cameramen for finding some unreal Swedish blart btw.

Pickled herring in a barrel tbf.