World Cup 2018

Meenzer

As always with England, if they win I'll be happy because people I like will be happy, and if they lose I'll be happy because people I hate will be unhappy. :good:

• Like 3

I’m having a World Cup party with kids tonight. three sets of parents, three 7 year olds, a 5 year old and a 3 year old, all staying up well beyond bed time for a school night, particularly if it goes to pens. Pizzas and beers, locked and loaded. 

The wife is going to see Hamilton. She was chuffed when she first got the tickets because it’s been impossible to get them but now she’s thinking about sacking it off. I feel a bit for the cast. That’s going to be one distracted audience.

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m having a World Cup party with kids tonight. three sets of parents, three 7 year olds, a 5 year old and a 3 year old, all staying up well beyond bed time for a school night, particularly if it goes to pens. Pizzas and beers, locked and loaded. 

The wife is going to see Hamilton. She was chuffed when she first got the tickets because it’s been impossible to get them but now she’s thinking about sacking it off. I feel a bit for the cast. That’s going to be one distracted audience.

:lol: We're seeing Hamilton tomorrow as it happens. I'll look out for signs of cast trauma.

12 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Not sure he’ll miss another penalty 

i can see us losing on pens like. i'd take that. the players are talking about how winning it will mean they're legends, but a heroic failure at the semis and these boys are going to be talked about for generations 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Friendly or Europa League?

• Haha 1

12 injured in Nice, Riot police on the champs elysees clashing with fans after frances win last night.

Its not just us.

Belgium going a bit "colombia" after their loss last night, whining about the way France played.

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

12 injured in Nice, Riot police on the champs elysees clashing with fans after frances win last night.

Its not just us.

Belgium going a bit "colombia" after their loss last night, whining about the way France played.

it was a very professional performance from france, the belgians can't complain. they tried, but they weren't quite good enough to break them down. france have to be favourites to win it now 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

it was a very professional performance from france, the belgians can't complain. they tried, but they weren't quite good enough to break them down. france have to be favourites to win it now 

Well, yes, seeing as they're the only team in the final at present I would think they'll have the shortest odds by some margin ;)

I thought they were awesome like, especially at the back.

they'll be favourites against whoever wins tonight. they've got defenders who can see out a lead without shitting their pants and attacking talent far greater than either of tonight's semi finalists.

but then this has been the world cup of the under dog, so who knows?

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they'll be favourites against whoever wins tonight. they've got defenders who can see out a lead without shitting their pants and attacking talent far greater than either of tonight's semi finalists.

but then this has been the world cup of the under dog, so who knows?

I knew you meant that, hence the wink. :razz: Agree though, I think it's a bridge too far for whoever wins tonight. I do think France got the rub of the green a bit though, in that every 2nd ball in the box fell kindly for them. But you need that type of luck and they deserved it for the way they played.

Bet365 have got an offer on where, if you back a team to win the world cup, they give you your stake back if that team goes out on penalties (including the final). I can't recommend this enough as an insurance policy - back England to win the tournament, lay it off at the exchange, and you've at least got this if the inevitable happens.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

English by birth, brought up north of the border by a Scottish father and an English mother...

I'm so sorry.

6 minutes ago, adios said:

I'm so sorry.

So am I....the old boy had the temerity to croak it last month...slap bang in the middle of the group stages... I ended up a bit distracted by it all and didnt transfer Harry Kane into my dream team before the Panama game. I was top going in to that weekend ,5th now :(

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

So am I....the old boy had the temerity to croak it last month...slap bang in the middle of the group stages... I ended up a bit distracted by it all and didnt transfer Harry Kane into my dream team before the Panama game. I was top going in to that weekend ,5th now :(

Sorry to hear that, mate.

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Well that's just inconsiderate of him.

And sorry to hear, man.