World Cup 2018

Meenzer

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Wasn't that McClaren?

Maybe. :lol:

There's a football corridor at my work with football posters on , with Southgate raising the league cup. Someone had put a photocopy of the Jules Rimet over it. Guess he was a player.

Fair enough, fuck him!

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Nope the tired script is no passion players not interested etc. The script this time is that the players likeability and an easy run has gotten the country behind a squad which in turn has masked his shortcomings. I'm not sure when that's been the script in the past

:cry: 

Go soak your dick in tears and knock it out of your system.

Just now, adios said:

:cry: 

Go soak your dick in tears and knock it out of your system.

I'm not even that bothered, Patrick. I'm more pissed off that he's getting praised for beating basically no cunt whilst Shelvey and Lascelles played out of their skin for a season and didn't get a look in. He's a cunt.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm not even that bothered, Patrick. I'm more pissed off that he's getting praised for beating basically no cunt whilst Shelvey and Lascelles played out of their skin for a season and didn't get a look in. He's a cunt.

As someone who has watched every England game I can tell you that neither of those players would have gotten you to the final.

Just now, ewerk said:

As someone who has watched every England game I can tell you that neither of those players would have gotten you to the final.

As somebody that has watched us keep one clean sheet all tournament I can tell you that picking a centre half that was statistically one of the PL's best last season would have made a difference. 

I'm amazed we got so far and thoroughly enjoyed that :D

Not getting involved in the recriminations here but that's the first time i can remember that England haven't been a total fucking let down.

If we'd managed to get a second goal in the first half we'd have won it. But its a young team and clearly we need some work on scoring from open play. Nobody is perfect though.

France to win, though I'd rather Croatia.

I’m totally fucking gutted man. Which is great because it means I care about England so well done to the players and the manager for that. I enjoyed supporting this team and Southgate. 

Im also totally pissed. Hope I can remember this tomorrow 

• Like 1

Do think we should have taken Shelvey and Lascelles though. Walker continues to be an accident waiting to happen in every game for me - picked up a totally pointless booking in this one.

And Shelvey might just have been the link to take England into a position to break them down.

Came apart a bit in this game I'm afraid. We should've put them to bed in the first half, from that point on we never had a look in. Vida was utterly immense btw, I'd sign him in an instant. 

The ginger prick makes a few good points. There was no plan B for this tournament, Kane filled his boots by beating an absolutely shit team in Panama and with a couple of penalties but contributed very, very little to open play, the game against Colombia also masked many of our shortcomings (since they weren't trying to play football) and we were beaten by both halfway decent footballing sides we played. That said, this is miles better than England have been for a very long time and I think Southgate deserves credit. The last pack of England managers we've had have been dogshit to a man. We finally accomplish something, easy route to the semi-final or not, and now we need to build on that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Vida was utterly immense btw, I'd sign him in an instant. 

Absolutely this.  Was thinking it all game.

32 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Nah I'm sober. I just see Southgate reaching a semi as comparable to di matteo winning the CL. He's a wanker and the praise for him is stomach turning

Eh???

4 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

I think Southgate deserves credit.

This, too.  I think there's plenty for him to work on but the reaction of some just reminds me of the perennial attitude of England fans going back to '98 burning effigies of Beckham and his demonisation in the press after that sending off.

Great while they're in; scapegoating and lynchings before the final whistle even blows.

Fuckikng semi finals man. A lot of people don’t realise how momentous an achievement that is. Germany went on to great things after they reached the semis under klinsman with a young team in 06

59 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Nah I'm sober. I just see Southgate reaching a semi as comparable to di matteo winning the CL. He's a wanker and the praise for him is stomach turning

Nothing a little sheep urine won't cure. :baa: