Meenzer

World Cup 2018

England look decent in possession, like in most games, but there does seem to be a bit of a disconnect between the midfield and forward lines as we’ve seen through the tournament. 

Obviously the hope is that by the next World Cup someone like Foden or Sancho are getting regular football and are able to be in the squad to provide that final through ball to give Kane a bit more service. 

Sterling is absolutely fucking terrible, how he plays every game is baffling. 99% of moves break down when he's involved.

Belgium's game is on the break, and England continue to give the ball away and get caught every time. It is simply ridiculous.

Not sure what some people expect tbh. England are a young side without much creativity in the middle of park trying to play a possession game (quite rightly I think). They’ve shown great team spirit, an ability to work to a game plan and performed way above expectation despite their obvious limitations. They weren’t far off making it to the final. If you can’t take the positives out of that you might as well stop watching football. Or become obsessed with Sunderland, which equates to the same thing 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not sure what some people expect tbh. England are a young side without much creativity in the middle of park trying to play a possession game (quite rightly I think). They’ve shown great team spirit, an ability to work to a game plan and performed way above expectation despite their obvious limitations. They weren’t far off making it to the final. If you can’t take the positives out of that you might as well stop watching football. Or become obsessed with Sunderland, which equates to the same thing 

This is spot on. Some of these lads have 9 caps, 6 of which came at this tournament. This system is new to them and they’ve took to it well. The “only beat weak sides” argument doesn’t wash with me either, in the past 8 years I’ve seen England struggle like fuck against sides like Iceland, Algeria, Costa Rica, etc so I’m happy to see us just put sides like that to bed with comfortable wins. We also have a lot of talent coming through the system who are all playing in this same sort of style. 

It’s about as positive as I’ve ever been about England so I’m going to enjoy it. On that note, I can take a bit of piss taking as much as the next bloke but the Scots online are getting tedious as fuck, they keep acting like we have absolutely no right to have taken any enjoyment or pride from getting to a Semi Final and that the “it’s coming home” craic was completely serious. They can bore off tbh, it also wasn’t absurd to start believing either as if you make it to a semi final you definitely have a reason to think you’re in with a chance. 

The quality and experience has told again here but I’m just glad to finally have an England side I give a fuck about watching. 

It’s also always worth pointing out that as decent as Young has been we’d have a better player there in Luke Shaw if Mourinho hadn’t made it his personal mission to bully the lad out of football. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well that was a waste of everyone’s time.

It was aye :lol:. It’s a bit of a weird and pointless game, suppose it’s a nice way to end the tournament for Belgium. 

Good tournament for England, they far exceeded my expectations. I have a feeling that many who are shitting on England and how they played no one likely had England going out at the group stage before the tournament.