World Cup 2018

Meenzer

43 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

What's the chances of Rafa taking it?

I'd imagine that they may try to get del Bosque back for the tournament. 

Long term he could be on the short list. I'm not sure if he fancies international management at this point but it would be hard for him to turn down.

Hierro was assistant, they'll just move him up I reckon, its the least disruptive option now that they've sacked the manager two days before the opening match of a world cup...

16 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Looking forward to those cross border travels, the wall will be up by then and Trump will have ceased all relations with Canada because he disliked a tweet or whatever

No 2 Fernando Hierro steps up. 

I always liked him, good player and Spain Captain before the current era of all time greats. Good leader, the circumstances of his appointment may galvanize the squad too...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

No 2 Fernando Hierro steps up. 

I always liked him, good player and Spain Captain before the current era of all time greats. Good leader, the circumstances of his appointment may galvanize the squad too...

Scored a ridiculous amount of goals for his position as well. His record for Spain was like 1 in 3 or something. That would be canny good for a striker.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

someone had to take the mantle of country in crisis given the dutch aren't there this year

My money would've been on france tbh

On 6/8/2018 at 07:50, Andrew said:

World Cup Fantasy league is available.

If I understand their rules, I can chose a captain and if he misses sitter after sitter, I can then select a different captain the next day as long as that group stage is not over?

3 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

If I understand their rules, I can chose a captain and if he misses sitter after sitter, I can then select a different captain the next day as long as that group stage is not over?

Ohhh Yeah

Anyone got any bets on?  I've put a dutched bet on Brazil, Germany, Spain and France.  Any one of those wins the World Cup, I make £200.  

If two of the above make the final, I'm laughing. If only one does, I can probably still get out with a profit depending on what odds the bookies come up with for the final. Nightmare scenario is obviously if none of the above make the final, but that seems remote. Would cost me £300 if it happened though!

Put a bet on the two to qualify from each group;

Uruguay & Egypt 4.00
Spain & Portugal 1.44
France & Peru 3.10
Argentina & Croatia 1.83
Brazil & Serbia 2.50
Germany & Mexico 2.20
Belgium & England 1.17
Poland & Colombia 2.50

c525-1

45 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Put a bet on the two to qualify from each group;

Uruguay & Egypt 4.00
Spain & Portugal 1.44
France & Peru 3.10
Argentina & Croatia 1.83
Brazil & Serbia 2.50
Germany & Mexico 2.20
Belgium & England 1.17
Poland & Colombia 2.50

c525-1

Its never the ones you think in the end. I fancy Morocco or Nigeria to spring a trap

47 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I've got Peru to reach at least the QFs and Iceland to finish bottom of their group.

Also, this shithousery:

:lol:

I love Real Madrid for shit like this, Sergio Ramos personifies them so perfectly