World Cup 2018

Meenzer

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Jordan Henderson is a better player than Dier iyam. Diers a jumped up centre half for me :cuppa:

shelvey alongside one of the two. just don't play dier and henderson together ffs. it's like when we used to play batty alongside ince. no need. you need at least one central player who can play it forwards. 

Southgate strikes me as the type who'd not pick Shelvey because he's being told to. If his form had gone under the radar he'd have already picked him. When he doesn't and we turn in abject displays where we fail to break teams down he should be sacked. 

1 minute ago, ducksmokesquack said:

Except his coke dealer... everyone needs to make a living. 

Really??

Thought you said you were fucking off, Richard? 

Is it really that dull in Stourbridge? 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Jordan Henderson is a better player than Dier iyam. Diers a jumped up centre half for me :cuppa:

I don't know which comment I'm more amazed by.  My mate said to me the other day, "Kante of Chelsea is shite."  He won the league for Leicester and he's arguably in the top 3 world wide in his position.  This though, is it serious?  Jordan Henderson is shockingly mediocre and it staggers my how many caps he has.  On the other hand, when fit, Dier is a perfect sitting midfielder.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Before this goes off the rails, who does the best World Cup preview magazine/online guide these days? 

World Soccer is normally pretty good

Just now, ducksmokesquack said:

Eric Dier has better distribution and is a better defender than Jordan Henderson and is a bigger aerial threat to boot. 

Correct. Free kicks too, as demonstrated in the Euro's in Marseille.

Shelvey would deserve a place in the starting eleven on present form, but I tell you who wouldn't...Jordan fucking Pickford.  3 goals conceded yesterday and all of them his fault.

2 minutes ago, McFaul said:

I don't know which comment I'm more amazed by.  My mate said to me the other day, "Kante of Chelsea is shite."  He won the league for Leicester and he's arguably in the top 3 world wide in his position.  This though, is it serious?  Jordan Henderson is shockingly mediocre and it staggers my how many caps he has.  On the other hand, when fit, Dier is a perfect sitting midfielder.

Am not suggesting either are that good tbh. I know one thing, Liverpool have been better with Henderson in the side than without him. Dier isn't as mobile and his passing range is even worse than Hendersons. 

2 minutes ago, McFaul said:

Shelvey would deserve a place in the starting eleven on present form, but I tell you who wouldn't...Jordan fucking Pickford.  3 goals conceded yesterday and all of them his fault.

The knee-slide in particular was inexcusable. 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Am not suggesting either are that good tbh. I know one thing, Liverpool have been better with Henderson in the side than without him. Dier isn't as mobile and his passing range is even worse than Hendersons. 

You're entitled to your views but for England Henderson has done little and Dier's passing is quality in my view.  As are his free kicks and he's good in the air as he proved in Germany with his winning goal in Berlin the other year.

37 minutes ago, McFaul said:

You're entitled to your views but for England Henderson has done little and Dier's passing is quality in my view.  As are his free kicks and he's good in the air as he proved in Germany with his winning goal in Berlin the other year.

Aye. In a friendly. Dier is the third best midfielder at Spurs tbh after Dembele & Wanyama, who also did most of Sanchez's defending for him at Wembley the other night. He's fuckin brilliant old Vic iyam..

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

They've left out at least two players who I am sure would start for us in Alex Sandro and Fabinho

Impressive of Neymar to make the cut after sadly dying during the last World Cup.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Apparently Shelvey isn't even being considered because of temperament concerns. Assuming Dele isn't going either then. Big nosed boring penalty missing cunt

Aye “there will be no surprises” in the squad selection Southgate has said, so basically it’ll be in line with recent friendly squads.

Feel bad for Shelvey as the lad looked like he was buzzing when asked about possibly featuring for England after the Chelsea match. The reality is Southgate won’t have even gave him a second thought, which is pathetic. What is even more pathetic is that a horrifically limited player like Jake Livermore will be selected over him. Tbh he’d probably select Wilshere over him despite the lad only playing about a third of this season and his issues with injury being likely a bigger issue than bad discipline from Shelvey (as tbh Shelvey hasn’t been bad 2nd half of the season with that and would likely only be a 2nd option but at least he’d be an available plan B unlike sick note). 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1