Newcastle vs Watford

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Questions for Rafa from this moaning old gadgee who knows a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two.

(1) Why do play Manquillo rather than Gamez?

(2) Why are you not using Mbemba?

(3) Why are you not giving Mitrovic a start?

(4) When will you see Joselu is not fit for the job?

(5)WHY do you wait so long to make substitutions?

(6)Why did you favour Perez for so long?

(7) Why don't you use Haidara at left-back if he's fit?

(8) Why can't you make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

:)      :)      :)      :)      :)      :)

Are you sure he will read this ?

Never an upturn to downturn ;-)

Rode our luck in a few games and that just isn't presenting itself again. The game today shows the gulf in class between a side like Watford and Newcastle and it's utterly depressing!

• Like 1

No it isn’t utterly depressing. Most people knew we had a pretty poor squad. All the last few games have done is reinforce how much we need reinforcements.

I would have taken fourth from bottom at the start of the season and I still would. In fact we are probably above where I expected us to be at this point. 

Agree with whoever said it before but we have conceded a lot more goals since switching to 442 and dropping Perez. People wamp on about his attacking contributions but he was the first line of defence and we have definitely suffered since he was dropped and the formation changed.

• Like 2

yeah, i don't see much of a case for continuing to start joselu now. that air kick was embarrassing. rafa may not trust mitro but we've no other options and he's got to try something different. 

Rafa has switched formation because of personnel and it's been horrific to our shape. At least a quarter of our side yesterday are simply not good enough, we all know who they are, I'm just surprised Rafa couldn't have shoehorned them into his normal way as it least they're used to it and it's been keeping us a lot tighter at the back. Big problems if injuries and suspensions carry on and no new quality can come in when January ends. 

14 hours ago, Noelie said:

Questions for Rafa from this moaning old gadgee who knows a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two.

(1) Why do play Manquillo rather than Gamez?

(2) Why are you not using Mbemba?

(3) Why are you not giving Mitrovic a start?

(4) When will you see Joselu is not fit for the job?

(5)WHY do you wait so long to make substitutions?

(6)Why did you favour Perez for so long?

(7) Why don't you use Haidara at left-back if he's fit?

(8) Why can't you make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

:)      :)      :)      :)      :)      :)

Are we having a go at him for leaving out Gamez or leaving out Haidara? Can't be both surely

It's not Rafa's fault we all know that some ofvthese players are players he had to make do with. It's  all  Ashley's fault had he let Rafa buy better players we wouldn't be in this predicament. We've a  lo ofvbig games coming up ffrom now until January i just hope ee can get back to winning ways as at the moment it's looking likecwe$re slowly sinking in to the relegation zone. Which could haveca massive effect on how Stavely sees the valuation of the club we've an interesting few weeks coming up.

This season has got relegation written all over it unless Rafa's allowed to spend in January.With 4 loses in a row now i'd imagine everyone fancies their chances against us at the moment.

I was one of the people calling for two up top, and I was wrong. Agree that we’ve looked much worse without Perez doing a lot of the ‘unseen’ work tracking back. 

I think we’ve got to go back to basic now. Solid, go to WBA and aim for a draw. Can’t afford another defeat to a rival. 

When Lascelles, Merino and Hayden are all back It’ll make a difference. Mitro surely has to get a chance now.

10 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

I was one of the people calling for two up top, and I was wrong. Agree that we’ve looked much worse without Perez doing a lot of the ‘unseen’ work tracking back. 

I think we’ve got to go back to basic now. Solid, go to WBA and aim for a draw. Can’t afford another defeat to a rival. 

When Lascelles, Merino and Hayden are all back It’ll make a difference. Mitro surely has to get a chance now.

i agree, but again it's the workrate/unseen stuff you mentioned that perez does that's also keeping joeslu in the team.

got to say, i think our need for goals os more important now. i'd either move a midfielder back to the number 10 role and keep gayle up front or do the same with mitro in there.