Newcastle vs Watford

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A pretty shambolic performance all in all and everyone involved needs to take the blame. Rafa going 4-4-2 has saw us on the end of two hidings so he needs to switch it back, especially considering we didn't even look like scoring with two strikers on the pitch. Watford basically outclassed us man for man; they were organised, skillful and, rightfully, smelled blood and pounced. I said it last week but it's a team that is desperately missing its captain. Clark is struggling badly at this level and Lejeune is either, adapting slowly, or fucking shite. Andre Gray is nowt special but his industry unsettled both of them to the point where our line was all over the shop. The full backs got no protection from the wingers and it's no surprise that the goals we conceded came from the flanks. Ritchie is calling for an offside that's never arriving while their full back has all the time in the world to pick Hughes out and then he has the cheek to shout at Yedlin. It was his fault and he should be an honest enough pro to realise he's been caught out for being a right lazy cunt on that occasion. Shelvey as captain brought back memories of Coloccini's rancid captaincy tbh; no rallying, no motivating, just a performance where he was desperate to play a Hollywood ball every time. Maybe because there was a 21 year old Spanish lad on the bench who is twice the player and he, rightfully, knows that his place in this side is under jeopardy if we get taken over.

You can blame everyone for yesterday and they'll deserve it but it all goes back to the top. Our plan of exploiting the diagonals against a 3 man defence was sound IMO. Unfortunately, it fell apart because the players wearing the shirt, quite frankly, aren't good enough and the worrying aspect of it all is that I think Rafa is getting the best out of them. This is all they have when up against a well drilled, talented side. We can blame one man for leaving us woefully short of the talent and depth needed to avoid a relegation battle this season and, with any fucking luck at all, he'll have sold up by Christmas.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Rayvin said:

The thing is, Mitro will probably come back, score, get sent off 5 minutes later, and we'll lose 3-1.

How's his discipline this season?

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How's his discipline this season?

I'm not talking about a factual analysis, I'm talking about the inevitability of such things when it comes to this club.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm not talking about a factual analysis, I'm talking about the inevitability of such things when it comes to this club.

Well, fucking don't.

If you're a defender do not ' watch your man,watch the ball,watch your man,watch the ball'. How can you (Ritchie) be 30 yards from your man when the opposition have the ball on the opposite side of the field,50 yards away.Time and time again the defence were a total shambles through no organisation and ball watching.We need to start anticipating danger instead of having to react to danger.

I didn't go after being offered a freebie. Best decision I've ever made. It reminded me of a game I went to in September 1988 when I was a bairn, where COVENTRY beat us 0-3 at SJP, the week after we beat Liverpool at Anfield our incredible flaws exposed once again. We looked weak from back to front, not just weak but poorly organised to the levels of Souness management.

The third goal where the two full backs were 20 yards in front of the centre halfs as exposed on MOTD sums up the lack of quality we have and lack of understanding at the back. Arsenal in 1991 conceded 15 goals in 42 games because they were a firm unit, straight line.
As for the rest the only one who deserves any credit is Murphy, he just needs a bit of confidence and he can become a quality toon player.

Overall sodding abysmal is too nice a phrase for the disaster we saw yesterday. Rafa is great but at times he needs to look in the mirror and see its him who caused yesterday, his faith in Manquillo (who saved another goal granted but still poor), Joselu and Disasterame is quite frankly incredible. Sort it oot!!!

On 25/11/2017 at 11:07 PM, strawb said:

No it isn’t utterly depressing. Most people knew we had a pretty poor squad. All the last few games have done is reinforce how much we need reinforcements.

Everything after the first sentence is utterly depressing ;-)

I agree, our squad is garbage. You will agree that WATFORD are on another level to us. All of these things are completely and utterly depressing.