Chelsea v The musty, hairy beef curtains. Saturday December 2

Dr Gloom

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Not sure there are any options in our squad at all that could facilitate us beating Chelsea away like

This maybe true, but there are better options in our squad that would stop us getting slaughtered and at least have a fighting chance

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

This maybe true, but there are better options in our squad that would stop us getting slaughtered and at least have a fighting chance

Yep! A draw, or not a hammering will do me fine!

4 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Like? And explain your working. I'd have probably went with Hayden instead of Diame but Diame, alongside Perez, suggests to me that we're using Perez to draw fouls (which he did very well against West Brom) and then hoping we can use a good set piece and get goals that way. Diame's height is also, in theory, useful for those, both attacking and defending. We're going to be sitting deep, Perez will practically be another midfielder when we're defending, I would imagine. Full backs will tuck in and it'll be on Ritchie and Murphy to track the full backs. It'll be compact, cautious and we won't have much of the ball but we were expansive against Man United and Watford and we got our bollocks ripped off. These players are not good enough to take the game to better sides and apparently people still don't understand that.

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Like? And explain your working. I'd have probably went with Hayden instead of Diame but Diame, alongside Perez, suggests to me that we're using Perez to draw fouls (which he did very well against West Brom) and then hoping we can use a good set piece and get goals that way. Diame's height is also, in theory, useful for those, both attacking and defending. We're going to be sitting deep, Perez will practically be another midfielder when we're defending, I would imagine. Full backs will tuck in and it'll be on Ritchie and Murphy to track the full backs. It'll be compact, cautious and we won't have much of the ball but we were expansive against Man United and Watford and we got our bollocks ripped off. These players are not good enough to take the game to better sides and apparently people still don't understand that.

I can't understand why Shelvey or Hayden isn't in ahead of the woeful Diame.  Perez and Gayle hasn't been working Gayle isn't the same player he was last season Mitro would be a better option IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

These commentators are fucking desperate for Chelsea to win. 

Annoying isn’t it. You could hear the anguish in their voices after we had the cheek to score first.

we've looked a bit more comfortable since conceding. Starting to pass it around a bit 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Which the commentators shrug off

:lol: Aye “maybe a hand on him” as he was shoved with two hands by Morata. If that was the other way round the ref would have gave a free kick.