Chelsea v The musty, hairy beef curtains. Saturday December 2

Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Murphy has done ok, getting better with each match.

Agreed, looked lively. Honestly it’s hard to compete with these sides now, players on their bench cost £40m, the only worry for me from that is we still look shapeless compared to earlier in the season. 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You said that he has been shite all season. Clearly he hasn’t. If he’s had a shite season then the rest have been worse than shite.

Youre pinning your hopes on someone who has played just two full PL matches for us. It’s idiotic.

Rafa's pinning his hopes on Diame is awful, Perez who is awful, Manquillo who is shite, Ritchie who has been poor, the list goes on. I'm not pinning hopes, give the lad a chance. He's the most dangerous attacking player we've got. 

Edited by Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Agreed, looked lively. Honestly it’s hard to compete with these sides now, players on their bench cost £40m, the only worry for me from that is we still look shapeless compared to earlier in the season. 

Yes, it’s not the result (we were always going to have a bad run with this squad) but the way we’re losing. We looked compact and difficult to beat earlier in the season. Need to go back to basics and hope the skipper returns soon.

• Like 1

The gulf in quality is depressing but the manner of the defeat is even more so.

Merino and Diamé spent most of their time on the pitch having a competition as to who could give the ball away in a more dangerous position and it wasn't good percentage balls forward that Merino was conceding possession with.

Can't recall anyone but Darlow coming out of that game looking competent.  Murphy could be a very decent player with the right coaching.

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Rafa's pinning his hopes on Diame is awful, Perez who is awful, Manquillo who is shite, Ritchie who has been poor, the list goes on. I'm not pinning hopes, give the lad a chance. He's the most dangerous attacking player we've got. 

I'm not disagreeing that they've been shite but I wouldn't be advocating dropping one of the few players who has contributed this season. Ritchie was poor today but remember he isn't a defender. I'd start Aarons on the left and Ritchie on the right.

ritchie has been out of form for a few games now

driving me mad the way rafa leaves changes so late.. but, one win soon and we are near halfway to safety. I guess that’s a good return on investment!!

Edited by zerosum

Just now, zerosum said:

ritchie has been out of form for a few games now

driving me mad the way rafa leaves changes so late.. but, one win soon and we are near halfway to safety. I guess that’s a good return on investment!!

Even understanding that Rafa values the system (and players that can follow it best) over individuals, the decision to go with Diamé is baffling.

He's either completely devoid of ability/confidence/both so he puts him into a team low on confidence who are going to be up against it for >85 mins?

When Gayle scored after 12 minutes you may have thought that Benitez had got his starting 11 right. But no, he got it all fucking wrong!

Diame ahead of Hayden ........... bullshit.

Manquillo .........bullshit.

Not starting Merino-Hayden-Shelvey together ......... bullshit.

Use of substitutes .......... bullshit.

Perez off, Hayden on .....bullshit .......Diame should have been the one pulled.

No attempt to put another striker on ............ bullshit.

Putting Yedlin on in the closing minutes ........ bullshit.

My faith in Rafa is waning ............. and that's not bullshit.:mad:

2 minutes ago, Noelie said:

When Gayle scored after 12 minutes you may have thought that Benitez had got his starting 11 right. But no, he got it all fucking wrong!

Diame ahead of Hayden ........... bullshit.

Manquillo .........bullshit.

Not starting Merino-Hayden-Shelvey together ......... bullshit.

Use of substitutes .......... bullshit.

Perez off, Hayden on .....bullshit .......Diame should have been the one pulled.

No attempt to put another striker on ............ bullshit.

Putting Yedlin on in the closing minutes ........ bullshit.

My faith in Rafa is waning ............. and that's not bullshit.:mad:

I agree with all that, apart from your last sentence.

We all know what we are up against, world class players against Championship winners. It does start to frustrate though when the same old shit gets a game. Maybe it's something we don't know...

3 hours ago, Philmagwired said:

Richie is failing in his defensive role, it's hardly his fault. We are woefully short on quality, the manager is occasionally coming up short on utilising what quality we have

He was at fault for two goals today. I’m a fan and he’s one of our better players but it wasn’t one of his best games