Chelsea v The musty, hairy beef curtains. Saturday December 2

Dr Gloom

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

When Gayle scored after 12 minutes you may have thought that Benitez had got his starting 11 right. But no, he got it all fucking wrong!

Diame ahead of Hayden ........... bullshit.

Manquillo .........bullshit.

Not starting Merino-Hayden-Shelvey together ......... bullshit.

Use of substitutes .......... bullshit.

Perez off, Hayden on .....bullshit .......Diame should have been the one pulled.

No attempt to put another striker on ............ bullshit.

Putting Yedlin on in the closing minutes ........ bullshit.

My faith in Rafa is waning ............. and that's not bullshit.:mad:

Yeah!  Tell some of these pollyannas a thing or two, Noelie! :mad:

4 hours ago, Philmagwired said:

................. the manager is occasionally coming up short on utilising what quality we have

My point entirely.

It's hard to understand why he plays Manquillo when he has the seasoned full-back in Gamez who can play either side.

4 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

So this month we have games against Lester, Everton, @Arsenal, @West Ham, Man City and Brighton.

I'm thinking we need to get AT LEAST 6/7(?) points from these or we could be toast.

Agree. 6 minimum from those games .. these games will take us past halfway point of season. Would be good to be over 20 points.

:lol: I get we’ve been on a poor run but the sides around us are doing equally as poor. Brighton got absolutely mullered at home to Liverpool, and Huddersfield were comfortably beaten too, Swansea lost to Stoke etc.

Edited by Howay

We're in a rut the last 6 game results read L-L-L-L-D-L this is relegation form. We've leaked 12 goals in the last 4 games.  We must get something from the home games against Leicester & Everton

Edited by trooper

12 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: “or we’ll be toast” I get we’ve been on a poor run but the sides around us are doing equally as poorly. Brighton got absolutely mullered at home to Liverpool, and Huddersfield were comfortably beaten too, Swansea lost to Stoke etc.

It is irrelevant what other teams around us do.  With how the team looks today, we are already in trouble especially if we win 1 point this month like we did in November.   Has the last several years not taught you anything?

How is it irrelevant what other teams around us do? I’d say it is very relevant. 

We were always going to be fighting relegation, we are a newly promoted side. What did you expect? That we’d be comfortable at this point? People starting to get on Benitez’s back is absolutely fucking absurd, but tbh Noelie was fucking absurd all of last season as well so I expect nothing less from him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Howay said:

How is it irrelevant what other teams around us do? I’d say it is very relevant. 

We were always going to be fighting relegation, we are a newly promoted side. What did you expect? That we’d be comfortable at this point? People starting to get on Benitez’s back is absolutely fucking absurd, but tbh Noelie was fucking absurd all of last season as well so I expect nothing less from him. 

What teams around us did today is what I meant, because you mentioned Brighton, Huddersflield, and Swansea lost today.  

I and others are just commenting on the season as it unfolds. 

Aye I mentioned them as what they do has large implications for the relegation fight. That’s why it’s relevent. That is also commenting on the season as it unfolds. I’m trying to frame our current bad form with some perspective to people that are complaining. Especially to perennial cry baby Noelie (a man that whinges when we win because we didn’t beat them by enough :lol: ). 

November was always going to be tough for us, Watford are better than us, as are Manchester United (who gave Watford and Arsenal similar kickings since we played them), the team played well overall against West Brom, I hoped for a win but fine with a point, the Bournemouth game was disappointing but they have a decent enough side and we were unlucky to concede. 

No idea what people were expecting away to Chelsea. 

We need Lascelles back, and we have just got Merino back from a lay off. The team we have is weak and is newly promoted, this season was always going to be a struggle as it is for Huddersfield and Brighton. That’s why I look at other teams and their results. 

Edited by Howay

I get that this season was about avoiding relegation. But to avoid relegation you've got to be picking up more than 1pt in the last 6 games. I dont blame Rafa he's doing the best he can with what he's got. But i am starting to worry unless we can break this cycle we do risk  another relegation. 

December could be brutal for us starting next week the 9th against Leicester up until Stoke on the 1st we have 7 games in 23 days 

Leicester (h)

Everton (h)

Arsenal (a)

West Ham (a)

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

Stoke (a)

Edited by trooper

It might not be any of those teams that will be near the bottom come May, nor may it be us.  Who knows who will end up there when all is said and done. I thought Bournemouth were nailed on to be bottom three all season, but here they came to our stadium and picked up three points and another three the following week, so who knows.

All I know is that this team as it stands today is one of the weaker sides in the league.  We need points.  January can't come fast enough for me. And even that may not help if Amanda's bid fails.

48 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

It is irrelevant what other teams around us do. 

Oh but it is relevant kind sir, what teams did around us today dropped us 2 places down the slippery slope to 14th.

12 minutes ago, adios said:

Today I learned that how teams do is not relevant in a game whose entire purpose is to rank teams by how they do.

I'll tell you what's relevant, what's relevant is that if we continue on this path we'll be going back to the mom & pop league.  Or whatever they call it next year.

8 minutes ago, trooper said:

I get that this season was about avoiding relegation. But to avoid relegation you've got to be picking up more than 1pt in the last 6 games. I dont blame Rafa he's doing the best he can with what he's got. But i am starting to worry unless we can break this cycle we do risk  another relegation. 

We wont go down this season.  If the fat fuck doesn't sell up, next season we will go down.

This season Rafa will keep us up, wont be pretty but he will do a job. 

If fatty doesn't sell, Rafa will be off and we will be fucked.

25 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

I'll tell you what's relevant, what's relevant is that if we continue on this path we'll be going back to the mom & pop league.  Or whatever they call it next year.

Doesn't change the fact that how other teams do is of utmost relevance to how Newcastle do.

As for the path we're going down, I think we can all agree that .16ppg means mackem-level relegation, but a larger and more relevant sample would be the 1ppg achieved since the start of the season.  That's right on the cusp of what's needed.  It's going to be a long, hard season without pretty serious investment in January but we knew that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adios said:

Today I learned that how teams do is not relevant in a game whose entire purpose is to rank teams by how they do.

:lol: No end to the wisdom in this thread tbf

10 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: I get we’ve been on a poor run but the sides around us are doing equally as poor. Brighton got absolutely mullered at home to Liverpool, and Huddersfield were comfortably beaten too, Swansea lost to Stoke etc.

It's a bit early to be concentrating on other teams getting beat,but you're right.