Chelsea v The musty, hairy beef curtains. Saturday December 2

Dr Gloom

40 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

What an utter load dog shit some people talk man. These next 6 games aren't season defining ffs. Stop pissing your pants.

Of course they are season defining we're in freefall, relegation form we've taken 1 point out of the last 18. If you cant see whats happening you might want to take them blinkers off. We are perched very precariously in 14th position a few weeks ago we were 6th.  Unless we start picking up points we will fall even further we are in trouble & these next games WILL define our season. I'm not saying i'm some kind of soothsayer or Claire Voyant but this season is begining to look like the McClaren season i'm not sure i fancy another relegation.

14 minutes ago, trooper said:

Of course they are season defining we're in freefall, relegation form we've taken 1 point out of the last 18. If you cant see whats happening you might want to take them blinkers off. We are perched very precariously in 14th position a few weeks ago we were 6th.  Unless we start picking up points we will fall even further we are in trouble & these next games WILL define our season. I'm not saying i'm some kind of soothsayer or Claire Voyant but this season is begining to look like the McClaren season i'm not sure i fancy another relegation.

That's because you shit yourself at anything and everything negative about NUFC. There's 19 teams in the league and I bet a few others have a run that is equally bad or worse than ours. Then through to the end of the season we'll have favourable runs too. I'd rather be in our position than Stoke, Swansea, Palace, West Brom, West Ham and Bournemouth. It's amazing how quickly some fans can turn at the slightest sign of negativity.

Were are the positives about the last 6 games name one then clever arse i havent the stomach for a 3rd relegation in 7 years i hope you have. We've had 10 years of absolute shit since Ashley took over.We 've had some great managers here he's publicly undermined them all he's done nothing for this club except send the club backwards. We used to be a club that competed in Europe we can barely survive the premiership now 

Edited by trooper

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

Were are the positives about the last 6 games name one then clever arse i havent the stomach for a 3rd relegation in 7 years i hope you have. We've had 10 years of absolute shit since Ashley took over.We 've had some great managers here he's publicly undermined them all he's done nothing good for this club except send the club backwards. We used to be a club that competed in Europe we can barely survive the premiership now 

Here we go about Ashley again. It's not about our last 6 games. It's about looking at us and the other teams around us. We could easily win 3 of the next 6. The premiership throws up freak results all the time, see Huddersfield vs Man U or Palace vs Chelsea. Not everything is shit about the club and it's time some fans started realising that. Also to compare this season the the one under Maclaren is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I

4 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Here we go about Ashley again. It's not about our last 6 games. It's about looking at us and the other teams around us. We could easily win 3 of the next 6. The premiership throws up freak results all the time, see Huddersfield vs Man U or Palace vs Chelsea. Not everything is shit about the club and it's time some fans started realising that. Also to compare this season the the one under Maclaren is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I should have known an Ashley apologist enough said

Edited by trooper

Some expectations need managing better in here like.

We don’t have a right to be safe in the league, we are a newly promoted side which was barely strengthened in the summer. We have a below average premiership team and squad. 

If you had offered any of the newly promoted sides our position now at the start of the season they all would have snapped your hand off. Just because we used to be a great side (about 20 years ago) means the sum total of fuck all now.

Staying up is all that matters, if that’s by goal difference on the last day then I couldn’t give less of a fuck.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

I

I should have known an Ashley apologist enough said

I'm not an Ashley apologist, I know he's a prick but I dont cry myself to sleep at night because of the shite he's done to the club.

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

We don’t have a right to be safe in the league, we are a newly promoted side which was barely strengthened in the summer. We have a below average premiership team and squad. 

If you had offered any of the newly promoted sides our position now at the start of the season they all would have snapped your hand off. Just because we used to be a great side (about 20 years ago) means the sum total of fuck all now.

Staying up is all that matters, if that’s by goal difference on the last day then I couldn’t give less of a fuck.

Exactly. If our we started the season poorly and then had a good run these 6 games prior people would be looking up the league and not down. Some fans need to get a grip and realise this isn't a bad place to be right now in comparison the where we've been in the past and other clubs around us.

24 minutes ago, strawb said:

"Expecations need managing better" really do you think its unreasonable to expect more than 1point from the last 6 games ? Come on your having a laugh aren't you if you think i'm being unreasonable about that fair enough i apologise.

it could be worse.. we could have Steve McClaren, Joe Kinnear or John Carver trying to sort out this little slump in form.

As it stands we have a manager who is a cut above all those. And players with a bit of heart/fight, much more compared to our relegation seasons...

We’re just lacking in quality versus the teams who spent money. It is what it is, for now.

We will be ok. imo.

• Like 1

We’re also really missing our skipper and no one really mentions him but imo we are also missing Atsu .. he’s not amazing but he does a job and is pain in the arse for opposing teams.

Edited by zerosum
  • Like 1

No, of course 1 point from 6 games is poor, but this is the type of run most newly promoted teams suffer, Huddersfield have had 3 points from their last 6 games. In that run they were battered 4-0 by Bournemouth, 5-0 by Arsenal, and 3-0 by Liverpool. 

You also need to look at the sides we played in the last 6, Man Utd, Chelsea are games we weren’t going to fare well in, Watford and Burnley are strong sides that are both having a good season, Bournemouth are a capable side that started poor (see 4-0 hammering of Hudds) but that one was a disappointing match, the West Brom game was tight but we were probably the better side on balance and were playing away from home. 

• Like 1

Nice to see some spirited debate about this. I can't make my mind up really although I've seen people start to appear like they're questioning some of Rafa's decisions, which suggests that he has lost some of the untouchable status that he did have.

Having said that, I agree with TDan that he'll keep us up. I still don't think it'll be that close tbh, suspect we'll pull out of this. The big mistake in the run of games we've had was those two 1-0 losses against Bournemouth and whoever the other one was. The other games have gone as you'd expect IMO.

Genuine question lads this run takes us from the 9th Dec to Jan 1st 7 games in 23 days.

Leicester (h)

Everton (h)

Arsenal (a)

West Ham (a)

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

Stoke (a)

How many points do you think we'll get ? like i say a genuine peaceful question.

Btw despite what people think of me i genuinely want to see the club do well. I moved up from Lancashire to the North East 43 years ago. In Lancashire i lived in the middle were i had the pick of Liverpool, Everton, & the 2 Manchester teams. But when i moved up here there was only one team for me Newcastle United. Yeah i've seen the shit & the good times at St James but for the last decade i refuse to go while Ashley's there. So have no doubt just because i wasnt born up here doesnt mean i dont love the club as much the next man. After 43 years i like to think as myself as an adopted Geordie :D

Edited by trooper

33 minutes ago, trooper said:

Btw despite what people think of me i genuinely want to see the club do well. I moved up from Lancashire to the North East 43 years ago. In Lancashire i lived in the middle were i had the pick of Liverpool, Everton, & the 2 Manchester teams. But when i moved up here there was only one team for me Newcastle United. Yeah i've seen the shit & the good times at St James but for the last decade i refuse to go while Ashley's there. So have no doubt just because i wasnt born up here doesnt mean i dont love the club as much the next man. After 43 years i like to think as myself as an adopted Geordie :D

No one thinks you don't want the club to do well man, they just think you're too negative. It's entirely up to you what your opinion is though.

I think we can get 10 points from those games.

54 minutes ago, trooper said:

No one doubts you want the club to do well and better. It's just the constant negativity that's all.

8 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

No one doubts you want the club to do well and better. It's just the constant negativity that's all.

Sorry but there's very little be positive at the minute mate apologies about before by the way calling you clever arse 

14 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

You're worse than essemmbee.

Who is essembee?  Is he one the guys who used to resort to name-calling when Noelie posted something? 

No? Oh, then I don' know who that is.

12 minutes ago, trooper said:

Sorry but there's very little be positive at the minute mate apologies about before by the way calling you clever arse 

Its no bother, it's easy enough to agree to disagree mate 

4 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Who is essembee?  Is he one the guys who used to resort to name-calling when Noelie posted something? 

No? Oh, then I don' know who that is.

Your banter is the worst.