Chelsea v The musty, hairy beef curtains. Saturday December 2

Dr Gloom

2 hours ago, trooper said:

Genuine question lads this run takes us from the 9th Dec to Jan 1st 7 games in 23 days.

Leicester (h)

Everton (h)

Arsenal (a)

West Ham (a)

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

Stoke (a)

How many points do you think we'll get ? like i say a genuine peaceful question.

3 wins minimum we “should” get, or two wins and a couple of draws.  So 8/9 points.. unless we pull off an unexpected result.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Sorry but there's very little be positive at the minute mate apologies about before by the way calling you clever arse 

Rafa, Mandy.

Given the shite we've been served up recently, this is the most positive it's been possible to have been post-Ashley and more than any of us could have hoped for.

That's depressing in its own right and you've every right to be as negative as you like fwiw.

5 hours ago, trooper said:

Genuine question lads this run takes us from the 9th Dec to Jan 1st 7 games in 23 days.

Leicester (h)

Everton (h)

Arsenal (a)

West Ham (a)

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

Stoke (a)

How many points do you think we'll get ? like i say a genuine peaceful question.

I think there is a very good chance we won't get any points in the next three games.

18 hours ago, Noelie said:

Oh but it is relevant kind sir, what teams did around us today dropped us 2 places down the slippery slope to 14th.

And now we're down the slippery slope to 15th place due to teams around us today.:mad:

22 hours ago, trooper said:

December could be brutal for us starting next week the 9th against Leicester up until Stoke on the 1st we have 7 games in 23 days 

Leicester (h)

Everton (h)

Arsenal (a)

West Ham (a)

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

Stoke (a)

Theres only Man City and Arsenal out of those which I think are write offs. Could potentially get points at all the others. I’d hope we might get 12 points but perhaps 8-10 is more realistic. 

3 hours ago, Noelie said:

And now we're down the slippery slope to 15th place due to teams around us today.:mad:

Did you expect otherwise? We were always going to be scrapping to out in the bottom half with all the other crap. Look at our squad man. 

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Did you expect otherwise? We were always going to be scrapping to out in the bottom half with all the other crap. Look at our squad man. 

I agree, 4th bottom was always the target for this season.

19 hours ago, trooper said:

Were are the positives about the last 6 games name one then clever arse i havent the stomach for a 3rd relegation in 7 years i hope you have. We've had 10 years of absolute shit since Ashley took over.We 've had some great managers here he's publicly undermined them all he's done nothing for this club except send the club backwards. We used to be a club that competed in Europe we can barely survive the premiership now 

Off the top of my head;

In isolation only the Watford game was a surprising disappointment. Bournemouth and Burnley were close games that could have gone either way, and the defeats against Chelsea and Man Utd were entirely predictable.

They coincided with our thin squad being stretched and our performances should improve when Lascelles and Merino return to full fitness.

Murphy has improved with each game and should provide competition when Atsu, Ritchie and Aarons are all fit ( :lol: )

18 hours ago, trooper said:

Leicester (h) 

Everton (h) 

Arsenal (a) 

West Ham (a) 

Man City (h) 

Brighton (h)

Stoke (a) 

Draw/frustrating narrow loss at home to Leicester 0-1pts

Narrow Win/Draw win at home to Everton 1-4pts

Shellacking at Arsenal 1-4pts

Win at Moyes' West Ham 4-7pts

Shellacking entertaining Man City 4-7pts

Beat Brighton 7-10pts

Beat Hughes' Stoke. 10-13pts

The PL is too unpredictable for us to be certain of anything. Otherwise someone would be winning that Super Six every weekend.

I think we're a bit unfortunate to be facing Leicester when they're hitting a good run and Everton now they have Allardyce, but neither of those sides are unplayable in the way that Chelsea or Man United proved to be. If Lascelles comes back and the defensive organisation looks more like it did before his injury, I can see us putting in pragmatic but effective performances. Against Leicester the key is to be cagey and not let them hit us on the break. Against Everton, it's a totally different story cos they're slow as f*ck. I've got faith in Rafa to get that right.

The other encouraging thing is that Gayle looks like he's got an eye for goal again, so if we can get some good service into him we might actually be able to score some goals!

16 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

I'd be happy to say Joselu wouldn't have scored either of the two goals Gayle has got against Man United and Chelsea, partly due to movement, partly due to speed, partly due to finishing.

Wonder how Mitrovic would have got on. 

Guess we'll never know :cry: