Bitcoin

Anorthernsoul

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah but I would no sooner put my money into a company I knew nothing about than I would bitcoin. 

Also, there's a fundamental difference. There's a company behind the value of a share. There are people working for that company, it's producing a good or a service. There's something tangible there against which to make an assessment of valuation. 

Youve said above "I think Bitcoin will rally before the alts". On the basis of what? Because it was that much before so it has to go that high again. That's just hope. 

You think Bitcoins a bubble..?

Good luck with your shares when the Trump affect wears off.

You’re going to need it. Slice while it’s hot.

C74A1EF5-183B-4357-886B-C78B6E1666FB.png

Edited by zerosum

8 hours ago, zerosum said:

You think Bitcoins a bubble..?

Good luck with your shares when the Trump affect wears off.

You’re going to need it. Slice while it’s hot.

C74A1EF5-183B-4357-886B-C78B6E1666FB.png

It's gone from being worth coppers to being worth 20k, and the within a week it's dropped to 8.5k and NOBODY can give you an informed view on which direction it'll head in next. Because it has no intrinsic value and it's value is based ENTIRELY on the willingness of people to speculate on it. That is the textbook definition of a bubble. 

As for stocks, I'd be worried about the Trump effect if I was invested for the short term and needed to withdraw some time soon. I'm not and I don't. I'm looking to retire on this shit. 

If the markets crash though, like really crash, we're all fucked. The idea that you've bought your ticket to economic immunity by speculating on bitcoin is the stupid opinion here, not me thinking bitcoin is a bubble. 

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

it's value is based ENTIRELY on the willingness of people to speculate on it. That is the textbook definition of a bubble. 

As for stocks, I'd be worried about the Trump effect if I was invested for the short term and needed to withdraw some time soon. I'm not and I don't. I'm looking to retire on this shit. 

And you think the Dow Jones isn’t being driven by speculation right now?

Im invested in shares in my SIPP. But I top slice and leave free rides whenever possible, as there’s always a bump around the corner waiting to happen.. in fact there’s one due anytime now! :razz:

13 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Blockchain is an open source protocol it has no intrinsic value because anybody can copy it if they want.

The internet was open for everyone. The real value was attained by the companies who developed products or services which utilise it and disrupt whole industries.

Sorry, to break it down, BTC transaction fees are <10% of what they were during the recent rush.  Is that due to the introduction of Segwit2 or is it due to the massive reduction in trading volume that was congesting the network, or both?

• 2 weeks later...

Not a good week for retirement funds either. Smells like a top to me. Look oot below.

FTSE 7800 to 7400 in 2 weeks. Dow off the recent highs. 

The 2nd year of a newly elect president is nearly always a bad un for the markets.

• 4 weeks later...

Every time I have to do a few currency transactions away from bitcoin these days I can't wait for Blockchain to:   

kv9O2Qh.gif

• 8 months later...
On 20/11/2018 at 11:55, ewerk said:

Worth $864 in February, worth $130 today.

luckily i didn’t buy the ethereum to hold it!

dumped the alt-coins months ago that I bought with it, but the prices are getting interesting again. we will see.

I’ve been sticking with forex, only hold 2 stocks now - trimmed my pension and ISA early this year into mainly cash. and unfortunately still holding one alt-coin that’s looking sick as a dog ha