Bitcoin

Anorthernsoul

Took my bitcoin off the exchange a few months ago and last month put it into cold storage. $1m or zero. Let’s see.

I had 99 ETH 4 years ago.  Oooof.  

3 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Took my bitcoin off the exchange a few months ago and last month put it into cold storage. $1m or zero. Let’s see.

I had 99 ETH 4 years ago.  Oooof.  

Jesus.

99 ETH would be about $400k now...

But you've still got what, a whole BTC? People seem to think it'll reach $1m although I think some other coins will outstrip it in terms of gains over the same period, personally.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

He really fucking does, the utter cunt :lol:

Crashed the entire fucking market.

I'm choosing to believe it's him but really I know that it's my luck that it happened on the exact day I reentered. I'm hiding in tether til the panic subsides. Probably just a dip

I mean he's definitely set off this latest dip. It's just tedious tbh, the only thing you can do is hold and wait while your screen is flashing red at you. ADA is still holding at least, that's something. Seems relatively impervious. Probably because Musk isn't in on it.

So I've just picked up that Vitalik Buterin, one of the lead guys behind Ethereum and 27 year old billionaire, was inexplicably given half of all Shiba tokens (Dogecoin rip off) which the developers considered was effectively 'burning' them. He's just given 5% to India for their COVID relief and crashed the coin.

It's the wild fucking west with crypto :lol: It needs to get these cowboys out of the picture if it's ever going to get anywhere.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

He really fucking does, the utter cunt :lol:

Crashed the entire fucking market.

you feel sorry for elon's fan boys who piled into bitcoin? the craze for crypto (a massive ponzi scheme) and meme stocks are a symptom of dysfunctional financial markets where valuations no longer haver anything to do with underlying fundamentals.

it's a stonk bubble, driven by retail investors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

you feel sorry for elon's fan boys who piled into bitcoin? the craze for crypto (a massive ponzi scheme) and meme stocks are a symptom of dysfunctional financial markets where valuations no longer haver anything to do with underlying fundamentals.

it's a stonk bubble, driven by retail investors. 

Unfortunately the whole market moves up and down based on bitcoin. I've not invested in it at any point because I don't think it has particularly strong utility in the long run, but there are plenty of other strong cryptocurrencies that are moving us towards a decentralised financial system, which is something that I think would indeed be desirable. Elon has more or less crashed the lot of them today.

You're right about the memecoins and so on, but I think projects like ADA and possibly XRP in some senses, do have legs and reasonable technological underpinnings.

ADA is up today despite all the chaos, which is pleasing at least.

51 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

This little 10-15 point hiccup isn't a crash, it's standard fare :)

True enough I suppose. You're longer in the tooth with this stuff than I am, so I'll defer to your experience here.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The turn of phrase? I just mean that you have more experience than me on this, so I'll take your word for it :lol:

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU RAYVIN. GOD!!

• Haha 1