Bitcoin

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

While he’s obviously a massive twat surely it’s the idiots who hang on his every word that deserve our ire?

Definitely them as well but if you cut the head off the snake then...

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Then they'll go chasing a new messiah.

There will always be a new messiah, hence why religion continues to succeed on this burning rock.

Still you can always hope the next Budda is better than the last Holy Ghost.

There is a crazy cult following around him and tbh I do agree with ewerk. These people think that because he's rich and eccentric that he's some sort of master guru - they're just sheep. Without him, they'll simply mill around lost until the next 'shepherd' comes along.

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

There is a crazy cult following around him and tbh I do agree with ewerk. These people think that because he's rich and eccentric that he's some sort of master guru - they're just sheep. Without him, they'll simply mill around lost until the next 'shepherd' comes along.

Same can be said about Trump but remove their power (or them) and some, not all, will wake up to the lie.

Humans as a species are gullible and I'll say it again, we will be the architects of our own extinction.

I'm having an up day so maybe I should be celebrating the fact Musk has increased the value of Baby Shark, Shark, Shark.

Edited by sammynb

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Same can be said about Trump but remove their power (or them) and some, not all, will wake up to the lie.

Humans as a species are gullible and I'll say it again, we will be the architects of our own extinction.

I'm having an up day so maybe I should be celebrating the fact Musk has increased the value of Baby Shark, Shark, Shark.

I can see the 'better the devil you know' side of it tbf.

• Jaysus... 1

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I can see the 'better the devil you know' side of it tbf.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

I don't personally believe that, I have to say :lol:  I think I did once, but I now believe that the correct saying is 'evil triumphs'.

Too cynical these days I guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Sonorapool said:

Is anyone in altcoins or meme coins? I have some Bit and Ethereum, took a flyer on some great projects. There is so much crap in the space you have to sort through to find the gems.

Yeah I'm in a few. I have some ETH and am otherwise in Luna and Arweave atm. I held ADA for quite a while too but circumstances forced me to sell a while back (and based on where the price is atm, I'm kinda glad of it).

You're right though, the market is saturated with total shit. I tend to stick to projects with very clearly transparent use cases.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You getting a 20% yield/interest on any of your savings accounts atm?

No, but neither am I investing in something which can lose half its value in a day. 

I mean if that worries you, you can just set a stop loss at -5% of your value and it'll sell automatically as soon as it passes that threshold. The risk is that it immediately rallies and you're caught out, but it would mean you'd never lose 50%.

It takes a bit more attention than other investments, I'll give you that. Although the 20% thing is on staking rather than just holding the coins and selling them. It's interest in the more normal sense.

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

how do you asses the underlying fundamentals when you choose to invest in a new coin?

I mostly concern myself with the narrative that develops around a coin tbh. But that said, I don't tend to flit from one coin to the next. I'm working on a blockchain project that relies on Arweave atm so I have some investment into that. Luna was recommended to me for the staking options and ETH is the biggest project out there after Bitcoin.

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mostly concern myself with the narrative that develops around a coin tbh. But that said, I don't tend to flit from one coin to the next. I'm working on a blockchain project that relies on Arweave atm so I have some investment into that. Luna was recommended to me for the staking options and ETH is the biggest project out there after Bitcoin.

you're investing in a story? most crypto "experts" already have skin in the game and talk up an asset to protect their own interests. 

the truth is crypto doesn't have any underlying fundamentals. it's a highly speculative asset, and its only value is supply and demand - it is only worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it. 

you can obvs make a shitload of cash on something that is wildly speculative if you get in and out quickly, but those who get in late and hold will probably end up losing out.

it's the people who got in early who are making a killing. something like 90% of the 21m bitcoins that will ever exist have already been mined - they're sitting in other people’s wallets ready to be sold on to newbies for a profit. if it looks like a ponzi scheme and smells like a ponzi scheme....

and it isn't a currency either is it, let's be honest. you can't use crypto to pay your mortgage.

i wouldn't touch it personally, because i'm pretty boring when it comes to investing. what i do know is when your taxi driver or your builder is telling you to invest in something, it's usually the sign it's a big bubble about to go pop. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you're investing in a story? most crypto "experts" already have skin in the game and talk up an asset to protect their own interests. 

the truth is crypto doesn't have any underlying fundamentals. it's a highly speculative asset, and its only value is supply and demand - it is only worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it. 

you can obvs make a shitload of cash on something that is wildly speculative if you get in and out quickly, but those who get in late and hold will probably end up losing out.

it's the people who got in early who are making a killing. something like 90% of the 21m bitcoins that will ever exist have already been mined - they're sitting in other people’s wallets ready to be sold on to newbies for a profit. if it looks like a ponzi scheme and smells like a ponzi scheme....

and it isn't a currency either is it, let's be honest. you can't use crypto to pay your mortgage.

i wouldn't touch it personally, because i'm pretty boring when it comes to investing. what i do know is when your taxi driver or your builder is telling you to invest in something, it's usually the sign it's a big bubble about to go pop. 

It depends how you play the market. I bought some ETH back in September when the price crashed to $2100. It then went up to $4800 at which point I sold. Now it's going down again so I've bought back in, modestly, with more prepared if it drops further.

Arweave is well positioned to become instrumental within the blockchain community more widely and the infrastructure that they have is already being used quite widely by an assortment of blockchain startups in various areas. Luna, again, is offering a 20% yield on staking.

The narratives are the same as they are for commodity trading IMO - what is gold going to do today based on various political and commercial factors throughout the world, as well as buying and selling activity. It's no different with crypto, although I'm not a day trader in either so I tend to look more for bigger picture stuff. Eventually we will hit a bear market and everything will settle down again, but if blockchain is successful then crypto isn't going anywhere IMO.

It's not for everyone and I would certainly say that there's a reckoning coming where it's going to flatline for a while - but the whole community knows this too. It's an established pattern. People will go on as if the world is ending, and in the meantime others will quietly add to their stockpiles so that when the market recovers, they're well positioned. Fair enough if it doesn't interest you, but so far I've made money out of it rather than losing it - more than I would lose if it all became worthless overnight in fact.

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah I'm in a few. I have some ETH and am otherwise in Luna and Arweave atm. I held ADA for quite a while too but circumstances forced me to sell a while back (and based on where the price is atm, I'm kinda glad of it).

You're right though, the market is saturated with total shit. I tend to stick to projects with very clearly transparent use cases.

I bought some more ETH on the dip and a little Bit.

I have a shortlist of small alts that are potential moonshots and a couple that are long term holds.

-Metahero: Metaverse scanning

-XDOGE ClassicDoge: Pet Social NFT marketplace and pet medical record tracking- This also has real utility into the future
-Safemoon: We all know this one, but the exchange and wallet- This one has been going through some changes in leadership it seems
-OMI: Superhero and comic character NFT trading

I need to look at Luna closer and I know nothing about Arweave. Polygon has also been a win for me and is dipping.Thanks for the tips. 

Edited by Sonorapool

• 1 month later...