Sat navs

Meenzer

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

If I'm in the 'middle' lane then there's a lane just to the right where stuff can overtake me. When I'm in the car I'd pull right in, in the knowledge that if I need to pull back out I've got the power to accelerate and pull in front of somebody dithering in the middle lane taking an age to get past me. It's almost fucking always a woman that does it as well, blissfully unaware that the van they've been overtaking for the last 5 minutes might want to pull back out and overtake the lorry it's approaching.

So you don't care it causes congestion, that it's contrary to the highway code and that people think it's a dick move?

Do you.. do you want my BMW?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So you don't care it causes congestion, that it's contrary to the highway code and that people think it's a dick move?

Do you.. do you want my BMW?

It depends on how busy the road is, I'll only do it if I anticipate having to pull back into the middle lane shortly and will have to slow down and be patient to do so. When you've been out on the road for hours on end, putting up with cunts dithering about doing 40 on 60 roads and you're in a van that lacks the power to overtake them safely, when you get back on the motorway headed home the last thing you want to do is to create obstacles for yourself. If the left lane is empty by all means I'll use it, but if there's lorries spaced 100m apart I'm not pulling in and boxing myself in, am I fuck. If the people behind have a problem they use the other lane and get their boot down and overtake me, simple as. If they aren't assertive or confident enough to do it then I don't care if I'm congesting them no. I care about making my own usually-long working day as short as possible. 

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It depends on how busy the road is, I'll only do it if I anticipate having to pull back into the middle lane shortly and will have to slow down and be patient to do so. When you've been out on the road for hours on end, putting up with cunts dithering about doing 40 on 60 roads and you're in a van that lacks the power to overtake them safely, when you get back on the motorway headed home the last thing you want to do is to create obstacles for yourself. If the left lane is empty by all means I'll use it, but if there's lorries spaced 100m apart I'm not pulling in and boxing myself in, am I fuck. If the people behind have a problem they use the other lane and get their boot down and overtake me, simple as. If they aren't assertive or confident enough to do it then I don't care if I'm congesting them no. I care about making my own usually-long working day as short as possible. 

Wow

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

If I'm doing 70 in thge middle lane who am I holding up????

Fwiw I fully agree, even as a car driver.

I'd never block someone who wanted to pass me, so always make sure they can on the right lane. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to fuck around drifting in and out the left lane with HGVs and learner drivers.

So say you're sat at 70mph in the middle lane, someone doing 72 now has to overtake you, then anyone and everyone doing 80 in the fast lane has to sit behind the overtaker for a mile because of you. Forgetting that if more people drove properly there'd be less congestion, less fuel usage, fewer areas of variable speed limits, fewer crashes, and so on. But you don't care because it's about what's easiest for you.

That's a very Tory way of thinking.

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The speed limit is 70, mate.

And sitting in the middle lane contravenes the highway code. We apparently get to pick and choose which rules we stick to. I choose to view the speed limit on a motorway as a guideline based on an antiquated figure, when braking wasn't as good and when cars weren't as safe in a collision. 

You choose to sit in the middle lane because you are too lazy to drive properly.

Own it.

48 minutes ago, The Fish said:

And sitting in the middle lane contravenes the highway code. We apparently get to pick and choose which rules we stick to. I choose to view the speed limit on a motorway as a guideline based on an antiquated figure, when braking wasn't as good and when cars weren't as safe in a collision. 

You choose to sit in the middle lane because you are too lazy to drive properly.

Own it.

Lazy? If I'm under time constraints to do a job then I'll use the roads as quickly as I can. That isn't laziness. As I said I only do it in a van that's speed limited. 

17 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Lazy? If I'm under time constraints to do a job then I'll use the roads as quickly as I can. That isn't laziness. As I said I only do it in a van that's speed limited. 

Should set off earlier then.

Quit your job then. You shouldn't be forced to drive like a cunt because of time pressure. 

Start working for Parky, he's loaded and weird. There's no better boss than one that is both loaded and weird.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Quit your job then. You shouldn't be forced to drive like a cunt because of time pressure. 

Start working for Parky, he's loaded and weird. There's no better boss than one that is both loaded and weird.

Woudn't survive the oath ritual. :o