Sat navs

Meenzer

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You'd be given faults for failing to indicate, or failing to maintain a safe distance. Maybe even for poor lane discipline. So it might be because of a dickheadedness, but it's still an inability to drive.

And the cost of passing a driving test wouldn't be £100, and successive high pass marks should lead to lower premiums (just as black boxes are being used for these days).

That so many people are against it, just proves you're all bad drivers. :lol:

Idiots can drive to the law during a test. They know how to do it, they're just wankers. Your proposal would sort nothing.

rejected.jpg

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Why the fuck are you undertaking rather than overtaking? If the right lane is blocked, then surely the issue is with the vehicle in that lane, not the middle lane. There's no excuse to undertake otherwise. 

The reality of the busy nature of motorways is all lanes need to be utilised, not some ridiculous notion the left lane is a gravity well. 

If I'm driving in the left lane at 70, and some lazy bellend is in the middle lane doing 60 I could change lanes 4 times, of I could keep driving straight on.

I'm not talking about abandoning the middle lane, you dolt, I mean cunts who site there for no reason.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Idiots can drive to the law during a test. They know how to do it, they're just wankers. Your proposal would sort nothing.

rejected.jpg

I'm not convinced shit drivers can unlearn all their bad habits, even for an hour. Failing to check their mirrors properly, failing to indicate, staying in the correct lane when going around the roundabout, reversing into a parking space properly, and so on. 

Driving tests are bollocks. I failed my first one because somebody flashed me out at a junction so I obliged. Apparently I shouldn't trust somebody flashing me out. Having to revert back to robotic bollocks with no regard for etiquette or common sense every 5 years is thoroughly pointless.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If I'm driving in the left lane at 70, and some lazy bellend is in the middle lane doing 60 I could change lanes 4 times, of I could keep driving straight on.

I'm not talking about abandoning the middle lane, you dolt, I mean cunts who site there for no reason.

In that scenario it's you being lazy I think., and are certainly at fault for undertaking which is dangerous. Ive honestly never come across it though, probably because I'm always in the middle lane, doing 80. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

In that scenario it's you being lazy I think., and are certainly at fault for undertaking which is dangerous. Ive honestly never come across it though, probably because I'm always in the middle lane, doing 80. 

With your aviators on and listening to The Best Driving Anthems in the World...Ever!

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Is it shite, I'm driving responsibly and considerately. The lazy bellend sat in the middle lane, because overtaking is just too exhausting for the poor lamb, is at fault.

I reckon it's the middle lane arseholes who're most at fault for congestion. And crashes. And Brexit.

Edited by The Fish

Dave driving in the left hand lane is just one big virtue signalling exercise. He'd fail his test for taking selfies of himself doing it. "Blud, I gotta get me likes, innit.  Don't fail me for that bro."

25 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Middle lane hoggers can get a £100 fine and points now http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22784983 

That's madness, apparently it's the height of good driving!

:rolleyes:

"You take umbrage because you know they're muppets who don't understand how the motorway works," 

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Dave driving in the left hand lane is just one big virtue signalling exercise. He'd fail his test for taking selfies of himself doing it. "Blud, I gotta get me likes, innit.  Don't fail me for that bro."

A weekend tweet got 125+ likes.

I think I'm a social networker now.

33 minutes ago, Ant said:

most of them were probably leazes on different accounts and he doesn't understand what he did

Remembering Leazes is like losing "The Game".

On 4.12.2017 at 2:30 PM, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Middle lane hoggers can get a £100 fine and points now http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22784983 

We have lane hoggers as well. There are also rather few sections on the motorways left without a speed limit.

Lane hoggers here are normally awful drivers, old, too afraid of overtaking or on their phone, thinking it is safer in the middle lane. They are causing congestions and quite often force you into needless manoeuvres involving three or more lanes.

• Like 1

I'll sit in the middle lane in a speed-limited van sometimes because there's little more annoying than cruise-controlling at max-speed, overtaking then pulling back in to the inside lane for the fucking berk that was behind you in the middle lane to start overtaking you 1mph faster than you can go, whilst you're hurtling towards a lorry and want to pull back out but ultimately have to brake to let the dithering cunt get past you first. 

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'll sit in the middle lane in a speed-limited van sometimes because there's little more annoying than cruise-controlling at max-speed, overtaking then pulling back in to the inside lane for the fucking berk that was behind you in the middle lane to start overtaking you 1mph faster than you can go, whilst you're hurtling towards a lorry and want to pull back out but ultimately have to brake to let the dithering cunt get past you first. 

If there's nothing in front of you, nothing to your left and the car behind can't overtake, you're causing congestion.

Few things more annoying than someone in the middle lane for no reason. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If there's nothing in front of you, nothing to your left and the car behind can't overtake, you're causing congestion.

Few things more annoying than someone in the middle lane for no reason. 

If I'm in the 'middle' lane then there's a lane just to the right where stuff can overtake me. When I'm in the car I'd pull right in, in the knowledge that if I need to pull back out I've got the power to accelerate and pull in front of somebody dithering in the middle lane taking an age to get past me. It's almost fucking always a woman that does it as well, blissfully unaware that the van they've been overtaking for the last 5 minutes might want to pull back out and overtake the lorry it's approaching.

15 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

If I'm in the 'middle' lane then there's a lane just to the right where stuff can overtake me. When I'm in the car I'd pull right in, in the knowledge that if I need to pull back out I've got the power to accelerate and pull in front of somebody dithering in the middle lane taking an age to get past me. It's almost fucking always a woman that does it as well, blissfully unaware that the van they've been overtaking for the last 5 minutes might want to pull back out and overtake the lorry it's approaching.

You seem blissfully unaware that what you do is completely illegal ( Section 264, highway code )

I've always thought middle lane drivers were just spiteful people, who only care about themselves tbh. 

Edited by Tdansmith

3 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

You seem blissfully unaware that what you do is completely illegal ( Section 264, highway code )

I've always thought middle lane drivers were just spiteful people, who only care about themselves tbh. 

I'm not unaware I just don't give a shit. That it annoys you just serves to validate me.