New Laptop

Andrew

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Charting?

This sort of thing. Crypto charts etc.

I want to work on the charts in a monitor while using the laptop for actual trading.

Basically I went down a rabbit hole looking at specs, refresh rates , connection type, etc but I’m thinking for what I’m doing, most of that stuff is not important??? 

I arrived at the conclusion that about 27 inches would suit me and that flat would be better than curved.

Does that sound about right for what I’m using it for?

IMG_5239.thumb.jpeg.97415756d033e0ab01fe476b727966a8.jpeg

@Christmas Tree

Ahh I see, yeah you're on the right track, you don't need anything fancy for that.

The other stuff is more for multimedia/gaming types where colours, fidelity, refresh rates etc. will actually make a difference.

As long as your laptop has a port that can connect to your new one, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

@Christmas Tree

Ahh I see, yeah you're on the right track, you don't need anything fancy for that.

The other stuff is more for multimedia/gaming types where colours, fidelity, refresh rates etc. will actually make a difference.

As long as your laptop has a port that can connect to your new one, you'll be fine.

Cheers Andrew.

Yeah HDMI is what I’m planning to use.

Also, can I buy a wireless mouse that will work on the monitor or does it actually need to be wired to the monitor when using a laptop.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Cheers Andrew.

Yeah HDMI is what I’m planning to use.

Also, can I buy a wireless mouse that will work on the monitor or does it actually need to be wired to the monitor when using a laptop.

The monitor is just a screen, it can't do any computing on its own. Its just an extension of your laptop so whatever mouse you're using on that will work across both. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/01/2024 at 07:37, Christmas Tree said:

I want to work on the charts in a monitor while using the laptop for actual trading.

This bit's confusing me. Are you actually after a monitor that you can connect your laptop to do this charting work, or are you after something independent of your laptop that you can do the charting stuff, like a Surface Studio?

RE50oBx?ver=c5f6

Which is basically an all-in-one computer.

58 minutes ago, MrBass said:

This bit's confusing me. Are you actually after a monitor that you can connect your laptop to do this charting work, or are you after something independent of your laptop that you can do the charting stuff, like a Surface Studio?

RE50oBx?ver=c5f6

Which is basically an all-in-one computer.

All sorted now cheers, but basically I wanted the monitor for charting on and the laptop to place trades do other stuff.

My daughter tells me it’s called extending your laptop :lol: 

IMG_5245.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

@Christmas Tree , which do you think will have a greater impact on value of Bitcoin this year?   The ETFs or the halvening?  

I’ve no idea mate. On my discord group, the main guy reckons we will see a new BTC ATH in 6-8 months followed by a Bull run high 12 months after.

Basically I think it will really start to heat up in April to May when the US is predicted to cut interest rates.

Some of the Alts he recommends are going crazy already such as Fideum.

Just wish I had more to spend :lol: 

53 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Don't get rugged, take profits before everyone else does.  It's the wild west.  

:lol: Aye, I just follow the Guru. Buy when he buys, sell when he sells. Luckily he's pretty good at researching the Alts we are involved in.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 135255.png

Edited by Christmas Tree