Bleeding Radiators

wykikitoon

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

When are you supposed to bleed radiators?  I know the system should be off, but should it have been off for a while?  I.e the system to be fully cold?

Other way round, the system should be warm/hot. After you've bled the radiators, make sure the pressure is topped up.

Ken man. We have a show over here where people see whether they would fancy living in Australia and I would say 90% of the houses they show them have corrugated iron fences. It looks like a warzone down there, sort it out. Your fences look like old radiators. 

:lol:

I did google it fwiw, but the majority of the posts said turn it on, see which rads have cold spots, turn it off, bleed then top up.  To me that says the system is warm, but not up to full max.

Issue I have is, the pressure is going well into the red when it's been on for a while and then getting a warning.  All my rads are fine, no cold spots etc.  So thought I would release some pressure after reading some articles.  So did.  Then pressure went too low :lol:  Anyways got a plumber coming to have a gander.

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

I did google it fwiw, but the majority of the posts said turn it on, see which rads have cold spots, turn it off, bleed then top up.  To me that says the system is warm, but not up to full max.

Issue I have is, the pressure is going well into the red when it's been on for a while and then getting a warning.  All my rads are fine, no cold spots etc.  So thought I would release some pressure after reading some articles.  So did.  Then pressure went too low :lol:  Anyways got a plumber coming to have a gander.

Did you top it up after releasing the air?

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Its a combi boiler, no hot water tank.

The bog trotter won't know what that is man. Their central heating still runs on peat. Which is basically slightly flammable mud.