Proud Dad / Coach moment

Craig

Well this is football related so I'm sticking it in here regardless. :lol:

As some of you know I've taken leave of my senses and agreed to manage an U12 side which my son plays for. Over the last few weeks I've been arranging, without their knowledge to do an event at Reading FC (their local club).

Last night, in front of the Sky Sports cameras, my boys were 'guard of honour' welcoming the players onto the pitch and took part in a half time kickaround (American penalties allegedly). 

With a bit of planning, it created an experience that will leave memories for a lifetime. :)

I'm not popular though, I didn't film Finley (#number  10) scoring a penalty!! :lol:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kxkrihCx62soof4S2

Edited by Craig
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well done mate. How easy was it to get the club involved?

They were brilliant to be fair - really focused on supporting grassroots football. 

There was two activities 'guard of honour' and the halftime kickabout. For each event I had to sell 60 match tickets. Ended up flogging 100 and they agreed to let us do both.

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I suspect they'd charge you for doing something like that up here.

Well they charged us of sorts... they wanted tickets flogging but yeah, i can't see Mike doing it without having his hand stuck out. 

Brilliant experience and the kids absolutely loved it.