Those useless pricks vs Everton

The Fish

NUFC v EFC  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Team News

Newcastle United

Jamaal Lascelles and Christian Atsu were both named on the bench against Leicester at the weekend and will push for starts against Everton in midweek.

Everton

Sam Allardyce isn't expected to recover any of his injured players in time for the trip to Newcastle on Wednesday.

Michael Keane and Phil Jagielka are available again and one could be called upon here if Ashley Williams is not fit enough to play twice in a short space of time.

Yannick Bolasie featured for the Everton U23s on Monday after more than a year on the sidelines but he isn't expected back for the first-team until 2018.

Match Facts

Newcastle have seen over 2.5 goals in 10 of their last 11 matches against Everton in all competitions.

Everton have failed to win their last 16 away matches (Premier League).

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Newcastle's last 5games (Premier League).

Newcastle have lost 6 of their last 7 matches (Premier League).

Everton have won 6 of their last 7 matches against Newcastle in all competitions.

Everton have scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches against Newcastle in all competitions.

Everton have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches against Newcastle in all competitions.

Newcastle have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 5matches (Premier League).

You've got to hope that Ashley Williams is playing since he continues to be a fucking dreadful centre half and Gayle looks to be getting back to a good level. You've also got to hope that Lascelles is fit as Lejeune continues to about as much use as the Pope's balls atm. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shelvey back in for Merino as Rafa tries to assemble something half decent out of 20-odd poor players.

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

You've got to hope that Ashley Williams is playing since he continues to be a fucking dreadful centre half and Gayle looks to be getting back to a good level. You've also got to hope that Lascelles is fit as Lejeune continues to about as much use as the Pope's balls atm. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shelvey back in for Merino as Rafa tries to assemble something half decent out of 20-odd poor players.

this starting 11 should have enough in them to get a result at home to everton

------------------elliot

yedlin-----lascelles----clark-----mbemba

----------------hayden

ritchie-----shelvey-----merino----atsu

---------------gayle

I'd fancy us to sneak a win purely as we're overdue a win and these are aren't as good as some the teams we've recently played. However that overbearing cunt in charge of them usually gets something from games against us so might have to settle for a draw. I still think we'll sneak a win and I'm not usually that optimistic. 2-1

If it wasn't Newcastle I'd agree, but he'd love to stick the boot in. He'll set up for a 1-0 and we'll get an equaliser as he drops further and further back to protect the lead.

As I said in the last match thread without Lascelles I can see it being a loss, if he starts hopefully we get back to resembling the resolute side from earlier on in the season and can get a positive result.