Those useless pricks vs Everton

The Fish

NUFC v EFC  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You think desperately trying to get the ball back when pushing for an equaliser is stupid? It's annoying but comparing it to the stuff that Mitrovic does is daft. Then there's to take into consideration that Shelvey actually has talent, and has shown a good attitude under Benitez. He has lost a stone, become more mobile and is a better player Joselu is shite and I'd rather go Gayle with Perez behind, but it isn't difficult to see why Mitrovic isn't playing. If he's carries on like a bell end then it sends the wrong message out to the rest of the team if he plays.

Shelvey has already been sent off twice this season, once for petulantly treading on a blokes foot, and once for getting a stupid second yellow in the 94th minute of a game. He also has 2 yellows.

Mitrovic got a trial by tv red card for a rash elbow. No yellows and a goal.

At the beginning, when the system was working with Joselu up front, I didn't mind the lack of goals. but when the defence is shocking, Joselu isn't scoring, and we're losing, I can't make a case for keeping a goal scoring striker out of the team. Especially when he hasn't been as disruptive as Shelvey.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Shelvey has already been sent off twice this season, once for petulantly treading on a blokes foot, and once for getting a stupid second yellow in the 94th minute of a game. He also has 2 yellows.

Mitrovic got a trial by tv red card for a rash elbow. No yellows and a goal.

At the beginning, when the system was working with Joselu up front, I didn't mind the lack of goals. but when the defence is shocking, Joselu isn't scoring, and we're losing, I can't make a case for keeping a goal scoring striker out of the team. Especially when he hasn't been as disruptive as Shelvey.

He isn't going to get as many bookings as Shelvey when he isn't playing is he? Central midfielders should pick up more cards than strikers anyway. I'd be interested in a cards to minutes played ratio for both players since they joined, I imagine it'd be telling. 

Just now, craigc said:

No win in 11 surely rafa needs to take some blame 

Nah he hasn't got the players. In the same way that screaming for 4-4-2 didn't turn around our form, dropping Diame, starting Mitrovic, dropping Joselu etc won't either. We're seeing fans frustrated with our form start to point fingers because they for some reason think if Benitez had picked the team that they would have picked that it'd somehow reverse our fortunes. It wouldn't. The squad is shit because it cost buttons. If anything we should be grateful for the points we have managed to get.

We all know who the finger pointing should be done to,  it's not Benitez . A couple of weeks ago he said "things could get worse" & they have. He knows & we should all realise he's been dealt a crap hand 

Edited by trooper

15 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He isn't going to get as many bookings as Shelvey when he isn't playing is he? Central midfielders should pick up more cards than strikers anyway. I'd be interested in a cards to minutes played ratio for both players since they joined, I imagine it'd be telling. 

Not the stupid cards Shelvey is getting though.

fwiw 

Yellow Red Min Min per Y Min per Red
Mitro 8 2 3836 479.5 1918
Shelvey 15 2 5611 374.0666667 2805.5

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Every single one of Mitrovic's cards have een stupid haven't they? He doesn't know what day of the week it is.

No, some have been harsh, reputation cards from the referee. Some have been a tackle/challenge that sometimes gets a card, sometimes doesn't.

Honestly, it's like you think he tears onto the pitch like a mental and doublefoots the first person he sees. :lol: 

Mitro's not worth arguing over lads as i doubt we'll see him wear a black & white shirt again. When we first signed him i thought he was going to be ok he reminded me a bit of Duncan Ferguson big, robust not afraid to get stuck in. Obviously there's something about him that Rafa doesn't like about him.

Edited by trooper

5 minutes ago, trooper said:

Mitro's not worth arguing over lads as i doubt we'll see him wear a black & white shirt again. When we first signed him i thought he was going to be ok he reminded me a bit of Duncan Ferguson big, robust not afraid to get stuck in. Obviously there's something about him that Rafa doesn't like about him.

Two mutch pashun

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Two mutch pashun

Yeah thats it he loves the fans the fans love him but he doesnt fit in Rafa's scheme of things. The thing is he'll probably do very well somewhere else but he needs to be playing regular.

The Mitro situation.  Rafa sees him day in day out and knows him well.  He must see something he doesnt like at all.

What I cant understand and I must confess due to other shite I havent taken a keen look at lineups etc recently.  But why didnt he start Shelvey v Chelsea and WBA?  Has he had an injury?  Why do we keep playing Perez?  

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure that people are blaming Diame as much as we're blaming Rafa for starting him. He's been woeful all season. We saw Shelvey, Mitro and Aarons all come on and make an impact against WBA but were overlooked for the following match yet Diame get a starting spot despite having done nothing to support the suggestion that he's a professional footballer.

And perhaps my memory is failing me as I approach middle age but I don't recall Rob Elliot being that bad before being dropped. Certainly not as bad as Darlow has been in the last two games. Yes, a new keeper would be great but Elliot has to be a better option than Darlow.

Elliott doesn't drop bollocks like Darlow but just doesn't get close enough to some opposition goals. I think this is Rafa's goalkeeping dilemma and why he wanted another keeper he could trust. Saying that, you'd hope he'd pick a better keeper with money to spend than Selz.

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Elliott doesn't drop bollocks like Darlow but just doesn't get close enough to some opposition goals. I think this is Rafa's goalkeeping dilemma and why he wanted another keeper he could trust. Saying that, you'd hope he'd pick a better keeper with money to spend than Selz.

We sold Krul shirley he was better than what we've got ?