Jump to content
The Fish

Those useless pricks vs Everton

NUFC v EFC  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. NUFC to score

  2. 2. EFC to score



Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

 

Our highest scorers have three goals each. We need a decent striker and Mitrovic is the only possible one we have before January. Joselu offers nothing, it’s ridiculous to keep playing him before Mitro.

 

He's a big dopey thick cunt man. He can't even get his head around not getting sent off. I can only imagine that any tactical info that's fed to him goes in one ear and straight out of the other. Sick of hearing about him tbh. I'm not adverse to playing him but can fully understand why Rafa doesn't want to.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wykikitoon said:

To not play Mitro because 'he's a red waiting to happen' is like not playing Shelvey for the same. It's madness. 

 

Nah, Shelvey has had one outrageous red card and responded in the right way imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, as good a manager Benitez is, he is not above criticism.

 

Picking Diame is just madness, he is fucking shite. He offers absolutely nothing. Ritchie, Merino, Aarons, Perez or Murphy must be a better option at number 10. Merino, Hayden and Shelvey are all better than him in centre mid. I‘d even rather have Colback in there, and he is woeful.

 

I don’t particularly rate Mitrovic but he at least deserves a chance as he makes life uncomfortable for defenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's getting fucking desperate, where on earth is the next win coming from? The team has forgotten how to win a fucking game. Everton were very average there and still walked away with the points. Darlow deserves to be dropped after that.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

442 IN. MITROVIC IN. RAFA OUT. OH WAIT 442 OUT COS WE TRIED IT AND IT WENT TO SHIT. 451 IN.

:lol: 

 

I have a new found respect for the rational post-match debate on here after venturing on to #nufc to see if there was any takeover news tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fucking trouble tbh. Blame Diame and you're letting the rest off the hook. Absolutely crystal clear why our manager wanted a new keeper and the worrying thing for me is the players with quality are starting to drop their heads a bit. Everyone is trying and in a daft way its making it even worse to take. One fucking half chance seized upon and for us sweet FA. Also getting a bit fed up up of oppo players getting the warning whilst ours get the yellow straight away and then walk on a tightrope all game. Beyond a fucking joke now. Rooney did very similar to Shelvey but one gets off compared to the other.  Every fucking game now.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's face it lads, that was another game we could have, and should have won considering we had more opportunities and chances to score than they did.

We would have had at least had a draw had it not been for Darlow's woeful fumble, and a noted striker like Rooney quick to capitalize on it.

Both Shelvey's yellow cards were warranted, both unnecessary and mindless challenges.

We are in a desperate position, no traction on a super-slippery slope, and it can only get worse with games ahead. I believe our only salvation lies in how much spending money will be made available in January, and who,  how many, and what quality, additions will be made to the squad.

As for Benitez, he has to prove to me he is as good as a lot of you keep saying. Dropping Hayden and starting Diame doesn't prove much to me by my standards.

I honestly believe that with the stock we currently have in the warehouse, I could put a better product over the counter to please the customers.

 

Tin-hat and body armour on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Let's face it lads, that was another game we could have, and should have won considering we had more opportunities and chances to score than they did.

We would have had at least had a draw had it not been for Darlow's woeful fumble, and a noted striker like Rooney quick to capitalize on it.

Both Shelvey's yellow cards were warranted, both unnecessary and mindless challenges.

We are in a desperate position, no traction on a super-slippery slope, and it can only get worse with games ahead. I believe our only salvation lies in how much spending money will be made available in January, and who,  how many, and what quality, additions will be made to the squad.

As for Benitez, he has to prove to me he is as good as a lot of you keep saying. Dropping Hayden and starting Diame doesn't prove much to me by my standards.

I honestly believe that with the stock we currently have in the warehouse, I could put a better product over the counter to please the customers.

 

Tin-hat and body armour on!

Haydon has been fucking woeful tbh, noelie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

To not play Mitro because 'he's a red waiting to happen' is like not playing Shelvey for the same. It's madness. 

Especially as starting with the likes of Diane or Joselu mean playing with 10 players anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We at least created chances, Richie was better today and should have scored, Merino played some decent balls and should have scored. Diame should have toe poked that ball in. 

 

Unfortunately due to the winless run, confidence has all but gone and it's a completely different side without it. We were talking of big things in September, we are know looking at survival at best. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Big fucking trouble tbh. Blame Diame and you're letting the rest off the hook. Absolutely crystal clear why our manager wanted a new keeper and the worrying thing for me is the players with quality are starting to drop their heads a bit. Everyone is trying and in a daft way its making it even worse to take. One fucking half chance seized upon and for us sweet FA. Also getting a bit fed up up of oppo players getting the warning whilst ours get the yellow straight away and then walk on a tightrope all game. Beyond a fucking joke now. Rooney did very similar to Shelvey but one gets off compared to the other.  Every fucking game now.  

Agree with this.

It's so frustrating to have a keeper you absolutely cannot trust in net, he really should be dropped after that one. I totally agree about the ref mind, that Holgate took one of our lot down outside the box first half and got a warning if he had been booked for that he'd have been off after his later card (or at the very least more cautious). I'm never convinced there's some conspiracy but the complete lack of pens we've had or red cards against opposition is fucking absurd, and as you say it's getting very frustrating seeing opposition players receiving a warning while ours are booked for similar fouls. I still don't understand how Rooney didn't get booked for what was clearly a "put one on them" type challenge on Ritchie after it got a bit scrappy and he ran over showing a hint of elbow. 

I'd get annoyed at Shelvey but I agree with what SEW said earlier that the ref is just being a bit of a cunt really, it's the 94th minute, we've lost, it's not a bad challenge he was just late and overreaching, I know it's a yellow but he'd let more than a few Everton players off for similar whereas Shelvey got a booking for each of his fouls iirc.

 

Allardyce is such a shite manager mind, with a far poorer squad Rafa had control of the game, quality let him down as we had enough of the ball in dangerous areas to put them away and their goal was from utter fucking shambolic goalkeeping. Diame is a fucking nightmare of a player mind, anytime the ball comes to him he needs about 4 touches to bring it under control. The only positive I take from this one is that Lascelles is back and had us looking a fair bit more confident at the back.

 

It's also incredible that despite 7 losses and 1 draw from our last 8 matches we're still 16th and only 3 points from 11th.

Edited by Howay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot fathom people wanting to stick with Joselu ahead of Mitrovic and in the same breath defend Shelvey.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

 

Why?

 

Because Joselu's strike rate is appalling, and the only thing Mitrovic seems to do worse than him is keep his cool. 

 

Now, given Shelvey gets the stupidest red cards going, his are even less defensible than Mitrovic's, whose are a loss of composure at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Fish said:

 

Because Joselu's strike rate is appalling, and the only thing Mitrovic seems to do worse than him is keep his cool. 

 

Now, given Shelvey gets the stupidest red cards going, his are even less defensible than Mitrovic's, whose are a loss of composure at best.

 

You think desperately trying to get the ball back when pushing for an equaliser is stupid? It's annoying but comparing it to the stuff that Mitrovic does is daft. Then there's to take into consideration that Shelvey actually has talent, and has shown a good attitude under Benitez. He has lost a stone, become more mobile and is a better player Joselu is shite and I'd rather go Gayle with Perez behind, but it isn't difficult to see why Mitrovic isn't playing. If he's carries on like a bell end then it sends the wrong message out to the rest of the team if he plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

 

He's a big dopey thick cunt man. He can't even get his head around not getting sent off. I can only imagine that any tactical info that's fed to him goes in one ear and straight out of the other. Sick of hearing about him tbh. I'm not adverse to playing him but can fully understand why Rafa doesn't want to.

 

He hasn't been sent off in a year and a half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Big fucking trouble tbh. Blame Diame and you're letting the rest off the hook. Absolutely crystal clear why our manager wanted a new keeper and the worrying thing for me is the players with quality are starting to drop their heads a bit. Everyone is trying and in a daft way its making it even worse to take.

 

I'm not sure that people are blaming Diame as much as we're blaming Rafa for starting him. He's been woeful all season. We saw Shelvey, Mitro and Aarons all come on and make an impact against WBA but were overlooked for the following match yet Diame get a starting spot despite having done nothing to support the suggestion that he's a professional footballer.

 

And perhaps my memory is failing me as I approach middle age but I don't recall Rob Elliot being that bad before being dropped. Certainly not as bad as Darlow has been in the last two games. Yes, a new keeper would be great but Elliot has to be a better option than Darlow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

 

Had a ban for pointlessly elbowing someone in the head unprovoked though, we were comfortably winning at the time too iirc. 

 

He was framed for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its now a pointless argument about Mitro playing now as i think within the next few weeks he'll be off somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Rafa:

"One day it’s one thing, another day it’s another.

"We have individual errors that are costing us points.

"We have changed the team, the shape and players - and still we are losing so we have to take responsibility, starting with me and that’s it.

"I have the same feeling that all the fans have. 

"The team started the game well and had chances, we were on top and had the game under control, then we made a mistake.

"The way they were wasting time makes it even more difficult in this situation. We hit the crossbar and the post, we were unlucky, but still we are making mistakes that are costing us points.

"The only thing you can take as a positive is our approach in the game and the performance of the players in the first half.

"The negatives are the final result. It’s difficult to accept and understand. 

"We have to make sure the players aren’t down for too long because we must get ready for the next game.”

Asked about the possible takeover:

"I don't have any information. As I said the other day, I need to know how much money we will have for January as soon as possible, that's it.

"But I don't have information about the takeover."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×