What would you do?

Andrew

We're in a rut, eight games without a win.

The 442 came and went, we've seen most of the combos of central midfield pairings, centre back pairings, we've seen Perez and Diame in the 10 position. No Mitro yet but he's about the only untried option I can think of.

Is Shelvey our best player or a total liability at this level, or both?

Ritchie is our leading assist maker but has only produced one since September, how can that be remedied?

Going off what we have on the takeover if we've 30 million or whatever to spend where would you put it?

How would you change our shape, or our style to get something out of the Christmas period?

I think without Shelvey were a weaker team.  He is clearly a lad who has fire in his belly and does stuff without thinking.  He must be frustrated and fucked off like us lot.  That doesn't excuse his discipline issues though.

I think Perez should only be allowed to make the half time cup's of teas and that should be done with supervision!  

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We're in a rut, eight games without a win.

The 442 came and went, we've seen most of the combos of central midfield pairings, centre back pairings, we've seen Perez and Diame in the 10 position. No Mitro yet but he's about the only untried option I can think of.

Is Shelvey our best player or a total liability at this level, or both?

Ritchie is our leading assist maker but has only produced one since September, how can that be remedied?

Going off what we have on the takeover if we've 30 million or whatever to spend where would you put it?

How would you change our shape, or our style to get something out of the Christmas period?

Shelvey is both our most talented and least dependable player.

Ritchie will provide assists if we sack off short corners, if we get better movement from our striker or see our striker compete more with the defenders physically.

£30m must be spent on a striker, best bet would probably be getting some young lad on loan? Maybe Ings or Sturridge? I think the latter is brilliant when he's on fire, but is always a selfish cunt. I'd try and get an attacking midfielder of quality in, even if it's a loan deal with an option/obligation to buy in the summer. A left back is vital too. Dunno how to stretch £30m without knowing what's out there.

Get back to the 4-2-3-1 that wasn't great, but we at least looked more defensively solid.

Elliott

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Mbemba

Merino Hayden

Ritchie Murphy Atsu

Mitrovic/Gayle*

Mbemba is alright at LB, but I was thinking if we're struggling with numbers in midfield, Atsu and Yedlin can move into more of a wing back position, Mbemba can slide across to go 3 at the back. Ritchie stays on the right but tucked in, Murphy moves to the mirror position on the left, like this;

Elliott

Lascelles Clark Mbemba

Yedlin    Merino Hayden     Atsu

Ritchie-------------Murphy

Mitrovic/Gayle*

*depending on opposition; Mitro when we need to hold the ball up and compete physically, Gayle when we need to pull their defense around or take advantage of gaps behind.

Agree that 4-2-3-1 yielded our most solid performances and best results. We need to get back to basics and put in some backs to the walls performances. 

I’d argue midfield is looking passable - we need a striker and number ten, we need a goalkeeper, and we need a dependable left-back. In that order. I’d agree a loan striker - Sturridge or Ings being good shouts - and maybe invest the bulk of that cash in a really good number ten.

Who that is I have no idea, but if we got someone in that position who could score goals I think it’d make a huge difference.

remember that winter when brum were in the shit and they bought dugarry. a creative number 10 type who, inspired them to survival. that's the sort of player we need to save the day. crying out for a bit of creativity behind the striker. 

someone to finish would be good too 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

remember that winter when brum were in the shit and they bought dugarry. a creative number 10 type who, inspired them to survival. that's the sort of player we need to save the day. crying out for a bit of creativity behind the striker. 

someone to finish would be good too 

I saw him play against us at SJP. He was quite capable of playing with his back to goal and was physically able to handle himself in the PL as well as the creative side of the game.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Anyone know what Le Sib is up to these days?

Retirement

After finishing his playing career, Sibierski briefly became a football agent with his brother. He is currently the Sporting Director of Ligue 2 club RC Lens.

Off the top of me head...

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Could try a trequartista in the middle field false attacking position or go for the libero role of five in the back line come middle wide area. 

A pair of mezzala and carrileros in the centre? Maybe a couple of segundo volantes ahead of an anchorman?

52 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Could try a traquestra in the middle field false attacking position or go for the cinquenta role of five in the back line come middle wide area. 

You need a regista in with the centro campistas, then you're sorted.