Wenger out bruv vs NUFC

TheGingerQuiff

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

A lot easier when not 1 player runs towards you 

From a clearing header that he took on first time, that happened very quickly after sanchezs was blocked and then headed clear.

Sometimes it just a good goal man.

Just now, trooper said:

We may not have took a hiding in terms of goals but we were given a hiding in possesion.

Not really a surprise given the personnel.

Edited by adios

Rafa, if you need a last minute goal, you do not put Diame on.

Good defensive display to keep it to one goal.

We could have stolen a point, the chances were there but no capable people.

Perez had a glorious chance with his header but blew it.

Ritchie did well when he came on, maybe shouldn't have been dropped.

That was agonising. We should have got a point in the end. Food to see us getting back to basics with a better defensive display. Hopefully something to take into the West Ham game. That’s a genuine six pointer.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

That was agonising. We should have got a point in the end. Food to see us getting back to basics with a better defensive display. Hopefully something to take into the West Ham game. That’s a genuine six pointer.  

Bottom three now thanks to WHU winning away at Stoke, agreed it's a six pointer for sure.

Games like that are hard to take like, we defended well and it took a fairly spectacular effort to get a goal for them. Any sort of quality in attacking positions would have got us at least a point. It’s positive to see us looking better again defensively since Lascelles comeback, a complete clanger from the keeper, and a brilliant finish from Ozil being the only goals conceded, but we really have fuck all up front. 

I still don’t see the point in playing Joselu, I understand Gayle at times can look very isolated in that formation but at least he’s something resembling a goal threat if he ever did get a half chance. 

Just have to hope that the fat pig sells because honestly if he fucks this deal up following this lot will become fairly pointless, as this squad shows more than any that Ashley has no ambition or interest whatsoever to even allow the club to do anything besides attempt to cling onto PL survival for as cheap as possible. I know we knew most of that before but this would be him throwing away what would more than likely be the last good offer for the club he could hope for.

Edited by Howay

Ozil’s goal was quality. We looked like we couldn’t be bothered at times - but better towards the end. Ritchie looked good and should have gotten the start. Joselu was a waste of a spot. Diame was a head-scratcher of a sub and played as if he thought so as well. All in all, don’t honestly think anyone expected a better result at Arsenal given  the disparity in quality.  Fanks Mike.

Edited by Graing

One of our better games in recent months, showed some resolve in the second half and were largely defensively ok throughout. If we had some decent strikers we'd have scored an equaliser, Perez in particular wasted some.veru good chances.

We should consider this a warm up for the Man City game, key that we don't get massacred im that because that West Ham game is of vital importance.

Edited by OTF

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Games like that are hard to take like, we defended well and it took a fairly spectacular effort to get a goal for them. Any sort of quality in attacking positions would have got us at least a point. It’s positive to see us looking better again defensively since Lascelles comeback, a complete clanger from the keeper, and a brilliant finish from Ozil being the only goals conceded, but we really have fuck all up front. 

I still don’t see the point in playing Joselu, I understand Gayle at times can look very isolated in that formation but at least he’s something resembling a goal threat if he ever did get a half chance. 

Just have to hope that the fat pig sells because honestly if he fucks this deal up following this lot will become fairly pointless, as this squad shows more than any that Ashley has no ambition or interest whatsoever to even allow the club to do anything besides attempt to cling onto PL survival for as cheap as possible. I know we knew most of that before but this would be him throwing away what would more than likely be the last good offer for the club he could hope for.

:up: 

Ever since Everton on Wednesday night, I've been quite worried tbh. That game opened my eyes to just how poor we are. West Ham away next weekend is a gargantuan game. If we don't get a good result in that I dread to think what will happen when Man City come to SJP on the 27th. The lack of assurance over the takeover isn't helping the atmosphere amongst the fanbase either.

48 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Ever since Everton on Wednesday night, I've been quite worried tbh. That game opened my eyes to just how poor we are. West Ham away next weekend is a gargantuan game. If we don't get a good result in that I dread to think what will happen when Man City come to SJP on the 27th. The lack of assurance over the takeover isn't helping the atmosphere amongst the fanbase either.

Whoops, for some reason I had it in my head that we played Man City before West Ham. Whew. This is actually a reasonable performance to launch into what will be a vital game for us this season, not just for our hopes of avoiding relegation, but perhaps in helping in the change of ownership that the club so desperately needs.

Joselu should be dropped of course (Gayle being the only option to replace him), otherwise the same team should start.

Is Mbemba injured? He has not been on the bench for the last couple of games.

Interesting to see that Mitrovic wasn't on the bench today. I'd take him over Joseloo any day.(no I didn't misspell, I put 'loo' cos he's shite)

Unfortunately the Hammers are striking and improving, doesn't bode well for us next week, they may forge another win.

Ah, the slippery slope, as expected we slid into the cellar.