Relegation Again ?

trooper

It now looks a distinct possibility given our form & league position this is our form since 24th September against Brighton i'm sorry but it doesnt look pretty ...

L-D-D-W-L-L-L-L-D-L-L-L-L

Those stats are shocking & i suggested a couple of weeks ago this was begining to feel like the McClaren season. It feels more like it now i think Benitez is running out of ideas regarding the team. Some might say that he's got us playing good football thats a fair comment. But unfortunatley we're not scoring many/enough goals & the keeper situation at the other end isnt much better. 

We now face the prospect of our 3rd relegation under Ashley unless this takeover happens in fact it would be our 3rd in 7 years 2nd in 3 years thats scandlous for a club with the history we have in fact it's an insult & just shows the mismangement we've had for a decade under Ashley.were this will end is anyones guess at the minute there are a few  scenarios

1.)The takeover goes through Rafa is given X amount of £ millions for players

2.)The deal falls through we're stuck with Ashley

3.)Rafa disgusted in lack of funds in Januay window walks away

4.)The club is relegated under Pullis or some other type

These are pretty desperate times for the club & all of us are hoping for scenario 1.) I'm not sure if i've the stomach for another relegation so soon what does everyone think ? I know there'll be some of you saying "There's Trooper being negative Norman again" but to quote Rafa "we are were we are" & we'revin big trouble 

We were very unlucky yesterday. It was a good attempt to get back to basics, with a solid defensive shape and discliplne, and it almost came off. 

If we can take that into the West Ham game we have a real chance of ending this run and trying to shift momentum going in to the new year. It’s a huge game. Lose that, along with the inevitable loss to Man City and we may well be bottom at Christmas - most teams struggle to come back from that.

There’s no question we’re in a relegation scrap, just as we all thought we would be after the summer transfer window. I have faith in Benitez. He’s the man to keep us up - if he’s given some proper backing in January. That’s what will decide it. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, trooper said:

It now looks a distinct possibility given our form & league position this is our form since 24th September against Brighton i'm sorry but it doesnt look pretty ...

L-D-D-W-L-L-L-L-D-L-L-L-L

Those stats are shocking & i suggested a couple of weeks ago this was begining to feel like the McClaren season. It feels more like it now i think Benitez is running out of ideas regarding the team. Some might say that he's got us playing good football thats a fair comment. But unfortunatley we're not scoring many/enough goals & the keeper situation at the other end isnt much better. 

We now face the prospect of our 3rd relegation under Ashley unless this takeover happens in fact it would be our 3rd in 7 years 2nd in 3 years thats scandlous for a club with the history we have in fact it's an insult & just shows the mismangement we've had for a decade under Ashley.were this will end is anyones guess at the minute there are a few  scenarios

1.)The takeover goes through Rafa is given X amount of £ millions for players

2.)The deal falls through we're stuck with Ashley

3.)Rafa disgusted in lack of funds in Januay window walks away

4.)The club is relegated under Pullis or some other type

These are pretty desperate times for the club & all of us are hoping for scenario 1.) I'm not sure if i've the stomach for another relegation so soon what does everyone think ? I know there'll be some of you saying "There's Trooper being negative Norman again" but to quote Rafa "we are were we are" & we're in big trouble 

Speaking of which, Klopp has told Sturridge he can go out on loan since he wants to go to the World Cup. If there's a more obvious signing we should be trying to make, I haven't seen it. I'd be on the phone to them now.

Knowing us, his knee will explode on the 1st of February, like.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

You'd be mental if you weren't worried and this has unquestionably been a shocking run of results. 

However, we're as close to 12th as we are to 20th. Man City might have the title sewn up and the CL spots look pretty settled already, but any three teams below Everton in 10th could be relegated, imo.

Make no mistake though, this is a hugely important transfer window in our history. Not only does Benitez need to be backed, but he has to spend the money well. No more Lazaars, or Sels.

Edited by The Fish

It’s simple for me, if the club is sold in the next 7 days we’ll get some players in January and will probably be ok. If it’s not then Rafa will jack at some point in January and we’ll be properly fucked and we’ll be staring at divi 3 this time next year. In a lot of ways if Ashley s still owner it doesn’t really matter. The club isn’t going to move forward in any way shape or form with him in charge so am passed fuckin worrying about the fat cunt. 

Next week for me is just a case of either who blinks first, failing that PCP will probably move on to another club. Likely to be Sunderland knowing our luck :huh:

• Like 1

I can see Amanda walking away from us. We were 6th when negotiations started  it's all down to Amanda & does she wantvto chance paying for a Championship team that could very well be back in the Championship.

5 minutes ago, trooper said:

I can see Amanda walking away from us. We were 6th when negotiations started  it's all down to Amanda & does she wantvto chance paying for a Championship team that could very well be back in the Championship.

We're 3pts off 12th.

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We're 3pts off 12th.

I'd imagine in Amandas eyes we're in the relegation zone.She's got a very strong hand now if West Ham get a draw today we drop another place

Edited by trooper

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

I'd imagine in Amandas eyes we're in the relegation zone.She's got a very strong hand now if West Ham get a draw today we drop another place

I thought you were expecting the take over to fall apart?

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I thought you were expecting the take over to fall apart?

Thats what i mean she'll be wondering if its worth the money they've offered & could retract it due to our league position now. you've got to remember when news of a revised offer came in last week we were something like 14th. Everyday the value of the club will be falling in Stavely's eyes as our league position worsens.

Edited by trooper

Just now, trooper said:

Thats what i mean she'll be wondering if its worth the money they've offered & could retract it due to our league position now.

Eh? but you just said her hand was strengthened. 

Way I see it Staveley and PCP want to buy the club and are happy to commit monies to help Benitez strengthen in the window. Ashley isn't. Ashley won't be able to sell us for anything like the ridiculous price he initially demanded, nor will another buyer offer the sums that've been reported this time. 

He might get less than the £350m he wants, but it's cashing out now for £300m or never seeing the likes of that again. 

I'm confident the deal with happen, I'm confident Benitez will get some money to sort out the squad as best he can in January, I'm confident we won't go down.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s simple for me, if the club is sold in the next 7 days we’ll get some players in January and will probably be ok. If it’s not then Rafa will jack at some point in January and we’ll be properly fucked and we’ll be staring at divi 3 this time next year. In a lot of ways if Ashley s still owner it doesn’t really matter. The club isn’t going to move forward in any way shape or form with him in charge so am passed fuckin worrying about the fat cunt. 

Next week for me is just a case of either who blinks first, failing that PCP will probably move on to another club. Likely to be Sunderland knowing our luck :huh:

PL hits the nail on the head imo. The only thing I care about at the moment is this take over going through, like PL says if it doesn’t and Ashley remains in charge it doesn’t really matter what happens. It’s crystal fucking clear he will never ever let this club do anything, he was in a position to really kick on this summer, genuine quality manager, a young squad that with a bit of quality here and there could have comfortably solidified a Prem position and then kicked on, and he purposefully avoided spending. 

As long as the takeover goes through relegation doesn’t matter, it’s just a 1 year setback. If it doesn’t go through I don’t give a fuck if we stay up as it’ll be more of the same. I struggle to remember having a side in the past 10 year that could pass the ball well, or where you could see where the next goal was coming from (short of the back to back purple patches of Ba and Cisse), and there’s one man to blame for all of that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

I admire your confidence but atvthis moment in time i'm not. Some people were saying its a done deal after the curry night. If it is/was why not anounce it

Who was saying it was a done deal? Weren't people just saying "It looks like it's happening?"

Loads of people on other forums around the internet saying it was all agreed over the curry i'm not so sure & think there's a very big gap thats getting wider by the day.

Edited by trooper

Just now, trooper said:

just because she wants to buy & he wants to sell it means jackn if they cant agree 

But it means they're more likely to.