Relegation Again ?

trooper

I’m afraid to report I don’t think the takeover will happen before Christmas now. Ashley is away on holidays, the PL would still have to do it’s fit and proper person test. The mood music isn’t encouraging. 

That’s not to say it won’t eventually happen. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m afraid to report I don’t think the takeover will happen before Christmas now. Ashley is away on holidays, the PL would still have to do it’s fit and proper person test. The mood music isn’t encouraging. 

That’s not to say it won’t eventually happen. 

It's already done.

It's been said for a fortnight it wouldn't happens before Xmas. There's a rumoured agreement that Ashley will buy players and Staveley will pay him back.

its make or break in January. If we don't have at least 2 new players in the first XI after the window then we are as good as down.

Ideally we need a GK, LB, CDM, no.9 and no.10 but that's never gonna happen. A goalscorer and goalkeeper are the most likely buys imo

• Like 1

It would be logical if he was to accept PCPs offer, thing is after publicaly stating that he wanted to sell it he lost a lot of leaverage iyam. If he's holding out for top dollar then it looks like he's fucked himself with his "naked ambition" to sell.  Also when sky were putting it around last week (no doubt via Keith Bishop) that it was almost done it made me think he's not that bothered about selling and it's just a ploy to blame PCP if/when they walk away next week. 

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

It's cause it's all done bar the paperwork.

I hope you’re right Parky. 

It just always astounds me that the bloke keeps putting people like Lee Charnley, his son in law, or brother in a room full of sophisticated financiers, lawyers, etc and seems miffed that the negotiations don’t go his way. 

Just now, Howay said:

I hope you’re right Parky. 

It just always astounds me that the bloke keeps putting people like Lee Charnley, his son in law, or brother in a room full of sophisticated financiers, lawyers, etc and seems miffed that the negotiations don’t go his way. 

It's cause contrary to popular belief he actually runs everything. Schlepping about with all the files in a plastic Tesco bag. :D

13 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Parky being confident has the opposite effect to me...

If everything is agreed there is no need for secrecy in my opinion as the foreseeable change of the mood around the club would be a massive boost.

The "limited funds" illusion might help us sign some players in Jan! Once the Sultan gets announced we'll start getting ridiculous quotes

18 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Wist Am could easily put 3 or 4 in against us next weekend.

They really won't. :up:

We need a little bit of surgery in January basically. A LB, a CM that can screen the back 4 and play a bit of football when required, a GK that isn't a complete retard, a ST and a creative midfielder who can play no. 10. The worry is the question of is Rafa actually going to get the funds he wants. He's reiterated in press conferences he doesn't know, that could be him staying quiet because it's daft to just reveal your budget publicly (which it is) or he actually just doesn't know.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

They really won't. :up:

We need a little bit of surgery in January basically. A LB, a CM that can screen the back 4 and play a bit of football when required, a GK that isn't a complete retard, a ST and a creative midfielder who can play no. 10. The worry is the question of is Rafa actually going to get the funds he wants. He's reiterated in press conferences he doesn't know, that could be him staying quiet because it's daft to just reveal your budget publicly (which it is) or he actually just doesn't know.

Rafa won't know what he's getting until someone tells him if we're sold or not. Any talk of how much or who is irrelevent till then and if we're not sold it'll be a new manager we'll be needing before any players. 

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

That’s not what I’m hearing. You know someone who’s well informed like? 

Does he shite, he just likes making bold statements.

16 minutes ago, Park Life said:

I'll bet you ten likes the club will be sold.:D

:lol:

I also think the club will be sold... I don't know where to go from here?

The question wasn’t whether we’ll be sold, eventually. It’s whether it’s an imminent done deal. My understanding is that isn’t the case. What makes you think otherwise, Parky?

Edited by Dr Gloom