Relegation Again ?

trooper

If we can just keep performance levels up, we should take Bournemouth. Manage that and I think we can rattle along safely for the rest of the season without getting overly concerned about relegation. We're away so they should attack us, and that should allow for our counterattacking to come into its own.

Edited by Rayvin

35 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye Kenedy has certainly added something.  He looks like he's enjoying the run of games at the moment.

The way he takes his man on is always going to make him a favourite here.

He's playing for his future, moving to Newcastle is a great move for him. ( and Newcastle )

He is in the shop window, i doubt he'll ever get into the Chelsea team regularly so if he has a very good spell with us he will have his pick of clubs to go to. Hopefully it will be us. 

Aye, he’s turned out to be an eye catching addition. Looks a best option of all our wide men at the moment. He didn’t come with much of a reputation other than a kid who couldn’t get a game for Chelsea. 

Just looking ahead at all the fixtures for us and our rivals...

12. Brighton (31 pts, -11GD)

Arsenal H

Everton A

Leicester H

Huddersfield H

Palace A

Man City A (likely to be rescheduled here)

Spurs H

Burnley A

Man Utd H

Liverpool A

They could be more or less safe by the Spurs game. But if they don't pick up enough points until then it's a dreadful run-in. That said, they seem to have enough about them to survive and GD worth an extra point.

13. West Ham (30 pts, -15GD)

Swansea A

Burnley H

Soton H

Chelsea A

Stoke H

Man Utd H (likely to be rescheduled here)

Arsenal A

Man City H

Leicester A

Everton H

With Arnautovic and Lanzini back to fitness, can't see them failing to get enough points on the board to stay up.

14. Huddersfield (30 pts, -23GD)

Spurs A

Swansea H

Palace H

Newcastle A

Brighton A

Watford H

Chelsea A

Everton H

City A

Arsenal H

These have surprised me a bit. Bounced back from their terrible form. And they've got six games where you could see them getting something. They should stay up, but again their last four games are tough if they don't chalk up enough points beforehand. Terrible goal difference though.

15. Newcastle (29 pts, -11GD)

Liverpool A

Soton H

Spurs A

Huddersfield H

Leicester A

Arsenal H

Everton A

West Brom H

Watford A

Chelsea H

We've got 6 games I can see us getting something from and our form since we beat West Ham has been more than good enough to stay up. It's hit and miss in terms of fixtures right through to the end of the season, rather than having a nightmare run. I honestly think we should have enough to survive. Our GD also offers an extra point at the moment.

16. Southampton (27 pts, -12GD)

Stoke H

Newcastle A

West Ham A

Arsenal A

Chelsea H

Swansea A

Leicester A

Bournemouth H

Everton A

Man City H

Their form has been pretty dismal for a long time now. They'll see these as decent fixtures, but they're not really showing that they'll be able to take advantage of that. Really depends on whether they can up their game significantly. Goal difference again an advantage though.

17. Crystal Palace (27 pts, -18GD)

Man Utd H

Chelsea A

Huddersfield A

Liverpool H

Bournemouth A

Brighton H

Watford A

Leicester H

Stoke A

West Brom H

In the midst of a tricky run of fixtures, plus have an injury crisis, so could be looking in big trouble by the time they play Bournemouth. But you feel that when Zaha and a few others return their last 6 games are all winnable. I think they'll probably have enough.

18. Swansea (27 pts, -20GD)

West Ham H

Huddersfield A

Man Utd A

West Brom A

Everton H

Southampton H

Man City A

Chelsea H

Bournemouth A

Stoke H

They've just come off the back of an incredible run of form, having looked doomed, only to get thrashed at Brighton. Again, they have the fixtures to survive, but also got the potential of FA Cup distraction. And goal difference is losing them a point at the moment.

19. Stoke (26 pts, -26GD)

Soton A

Man City H

Everton H

Arsenal A

Spurs H

West Ham A

Burnley H

Liverpool A

Palace H

Swansea A

I think these are in big trouble. They've had an upturn of sorts since Lambert came in, but it's only really Shaqiri doing anything for them. Fixtures don't look great, although they do end the season with two winnable games. And goal difference is almost certainly costing them an extra point on virtually everybody else.

20. West Brom (20 pts, -20GD)

Watford A

Leicester H

Bournemouth A

Burnley H

Swansea H

Man Utd A

Liverpool H

Newcastle A

Spurs H

Palace A

They look like goners. Have five really good fixtures coming up but can't seem to buy a win. Need to get results now as the run-in doesn't look favourable.

There will almost certainly be twists and turns, plus in these 'favourable' fixtures only one team can actually get three points, so a reading like this is never that useful. I'm going to stick my neck out and say it'll be Southampton, Stoke and WBA who go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Most of that seems fair enough. However if you do fancy Southampton to go down you can get odds of 4/1.

The bookmakers are seeing it like this

odds to get relegated 

WBA  1/7

Stoke 10/11

Swansea 6/5

Huddersfield 9/4

Crystal Palace 9/4

Southampton 4/1

Newcastle United 5/1

Brighton 5/1

West Ham 9/1

Bournemouth and Watford 25/1 

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

There’s only Liverpool and spurs away out  of our remaining fixtures where I think we will struggle to pick up points. All it’s going to take is three wins and a draw and we’ll be safe. Or two wins and a few more draws 

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We’ve got 2 games in the next 10 days. If he doesn’t make those and the Spurs match gets rearranged then he will have a month before our next match 

I think this is the most likely outcome. We need our wide men to really shine in the meantime and put it on a platter for our forwards who don't create anything of their own accord. That and a few Lascelles set piece goals.

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We’ve got 2 games in the next 10 days. If he doesn’t make those and the Spurs match gets rearranged then he will have a month before our next match 

Might even be fit on that basis <_<

14 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

More time to get injured in training :D

I’ve always thought we would stay up pretty comfortably (I predicted 10th about 2 weeks ago, might have to revise that a bit mind).

If we do stay up it’s probably on a par with anything we have seen as far as managerial wonders go, considering our squad of players.

8 minutes ago, strawb said:

I’ve always thought we would stay up pretty comfortably (I predicted 10th about 2 weeks ago, might have to revise that a bit mind).

If we do stay up it’s probably on a par with anything we have seen as far as managerial wonders go, considering our squad of players.

We're one of the 3 worst sides on paper in a league without any genuinely poor teams this year. Mind, we haven't stayed up yet.