Relegation Again ?

trooper

If the bottom 7 clubs get the same points from the next 5 games as for the last 5 the table will look like this with 4 games to play.

Huddersfield 36 pts

NUFC.          35 pts

Saints           34 pts

Hammers     34 pts

Stoke           31 pts

Palace.        29 pts

West Brom. 20 pts 

done on my phone so fuck off with formatting criticism.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

If Spurs are still in the FA cup & Champions league in April then its tricky....the draw for the quarter final of the champions league is the day before the 6th round of the FA cup 17th March,. If Spurs get through first time v Swansea it'll probably be played in late March to leave April free for them....well, that would be the common sense thing to do.. :unsure: 

16/03/18: Quarter-final draw
03–04/04/18: Quarter-finals, first leg
10–11/04/18: Quarter-finals, second leg

13/04/18: Semi-final and final draw
24–25/04/18: Semi-finals, first leg
01–02/05/18: Semi-finals, second leg

6th 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

If Spurs are still in the FA cup & Champions league in April then its tricky....the draw for the quarter final of the champions league is the day before the 6th round of the FA cup 17th March,. If Spurs get through first time v Swansea it'll probably be played in late March to leave April free for them....well, that would be the common sense thing to do.. :unsure: 

16/03/18: Quarter-final draw
03–04/04/18: Quarter-finals, first leg
10–11/04/18: Quarter-finals, second leg

13/04/18: Semi-final and final draw
24–25/04/18: Semi-finals, first leg
01–02/05/18: Semi-finals, second leg

6th 

10th March Southampton (h)

31st March Huddersfield (h)

7th April Leicester (a)

15th April Arsenal (h)

21st April Everton (a)

28th April West Brom (h)

5th May Watford (a)

13th May Chelsea (h)

Our remaining games Spurs (a) to slotted in at some point 

Edited by trooper

12 minutes ago, trooper said:

Would winning the 3 home games against Southampton, Huddersfield & West Brom be enough ?

Whey aye

Can see us picking up draws from 2 of 3 games against Leicester, Everton and Watford as well.

So I'd have us down for 7 points from the 'easy' home games, 2 points from the above 3 away games. We sneak a win from any of those 3 and we're safe for certain. Gonna say 9 points overall though.

Yesterday was two years since the 1-3 Bournemouth loss when I think it became clear we were going to be relegated again. This time around at the same time of year we're three places higher and much better off in terms of team spirit and application. I reckon it'll be close but we'll stop up without too much bother. 

4 hours ago, trooper said:

10th March Southampton (h)

31st March Huddersfield (h)

7th April Leicester (a)

15th April Arsenal (h)

21st April Everton (a)

28th April West Brom (h)

5th May Watford (a)

13th May Chelsea (h)

Our remaining games Spurs (a) to slotted in at some point 

I'm expecting Arsenal to be like Brazil 70 after their capitulations to Swansea and Brighton, Everton are fucking shit with a rancid manager but he's a rancid manager with an unfeasibly good record against us and Goodison isn't a happy hunting ground for us. Hopefully they'll be spooked by Rafa like they were spooked by a geriatric Ian Rush when we beat them in the cup a few years ago. You'd think we'd be ok with those fixtures but I wouldn't be counting any chickens just yet. (Can't remember the last time we beat Leicester away either!)