Relegation Again ?

trooper

Palace looked certain to go down at the start of the season, 8 losses in a row and no goals or something like that? Would be kinda funny if they failed now after hauling themselves back from the abyss.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

Torn on Southampton. Of those mentioned, they're the most likely to recover and be a headache to us next season, so on that basis I would want them to go down. But having said that, I don't really feel that they deserve it as a club...

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Torn on Southampton. Of those mentioned, they're the most likely to recover and be a headache to us next season, so on that basis I would want them to go down. But having said that, I don't really feel that they deserve it as a club...

Nah fuck 'em, keep Huddersfield up so they can be crap next season.

Southampton have a few players I'd like us to go in for tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Nah fuck 'em, keep Huddersfield up so they can be crap next season.

Southampton have a few players I'd like us to go in for tbh.

Agree with this, think it’s more important to think about who is more likely to turn it round. I have a real disliking for Wagner, as I think he’s an arrogant cunt, but as Andrew says it’s far more likely Huddersfield will be the goal shy boring side they’ve been again next season than for Southampton to repeat this mess of a season. 

I think it’ll be WBA, Stoke, and Southampton. I think at the moment they’d need more than a point per game to catch us and we’ll definitely pick up a few more before the season ends. Really hope the club sells to someone ambitious because it’d be really interesting to see what Benitez could manage with backing when you look at what he has done with this limited squad. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Am I right in thinking only Southampton can catch us now out of the bottom 3?

Yep, they would need to win 4 and draw 1 of their last 5 games to equal our current total. Our GD is also 13 better than theirs, though if we lost all our games and they went on that run it would probably not matter.

seems unlikely though.

tht said 11th to 17th would all also have to overhaul us and that seems even less likely and I don’t know which games they have against one another, basically I expect we’re already guaranteed safe regardless of any other results but that’s too much work for me to figure out

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Am I right in thinking only Southampton can catch us now out of the bottom 3?

Yeah and 43 is the most they can get I think.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, technically true with Stoke having played a game more. Think we can ignore the whole thing now. The bottom 3 will stay as they are IMO.

After the last round of games they look doomed. That's a pretty large gap at any stage of the season but with only 4 or 5 games left it's a big ask to make up those points. Stoke's goal difference is shocking too.

Edited by Alex

7 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Stoke only have 4 games left (34 played out of 38?) which is 12 points max are they on 29 now. Has the BBC site updated their points cos they are showing as on 28?

I just mentioned Stoke in relation to them looking like they're knacked rather than being able to catch us.

• Like 1