West Ham United vs Newcastle United - 23/12/17 @ 3pm

Haydnator

Lacelles and Atsu coming back seems to have made a big difference. Only caught the highlights today as was heading in to north-east from London a bit earlier than everyone else! What were performances like? How did Saivet and Diame cope in the middle? (Not all that badly it seems.)

Huge just to get a win, and we have Stoke, Brighton and Swansea to come - all teams we've already beaten this year. If Pep makes a lot of changes (I think he might), this could even be a good (better) time to play officially the best English team ever (they've got the largest lead to 2nd of any top flight leader at Xmas ever).

By far the better team and deserved the three points, played some good stuff on the break and should have been out of sight really. All they had second half was the lump into the box for Carroll to try and win, I'll agree with the comment about Saivet. Apart from his early mistake he played well, won his battles and used the ball well. Atsu MOTM for me, was involved in all three goals and looked dangerous every time he got the ball.

Merry christmas.

Just watched motd for the first time in a while.

One thing Shearer picked up on, and which I noticed at the match was just how dangerous we looked going forward compared to normal. Every time we broke there were at least four players busting a gut to get in the box. We should have scored another three tbh. 

Very different approach from Rafa. I suppose he thought it’s shit or bust against a side as poor as West Ham. 

Tactically it was was spot on to go 4-4-2 against their creaky back 3. Their centre halves had to cope with two strikers, which left loads of space in behind their wing backs for our forwards to exploit. 

Buzzing our season is back on track finally. Great day out and early Christmas present. Could be a huge win for us going into the second half of the season.

18 points from 19 games. Another 18 might be enough to keep us up.

19 hours ago, zerosum said:

fucking going out ... maybe i’ll log back in and we win 3-1.. i can dream 

Did you actually? Because we may have stumbled on the winning formula

• Like 1

On 25/12/2017 at 3:44 AM, adios said:

I'd take him on loan like.

Will bring joy when he arrives but then go missing for the rest of the season tbh.