The January 2018 transfer window thread

PaddockLad

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ashley probably thinks there’s no rush now after yesterday’s win

Spot on Rafa said last week he wanted new signings as early as possible. The latest date being the 20th but ideally by the 15th to have them in. The clocknis ticking 

Just now, trooper said:

we're now placed 13th the gambler will be thinking another win & we'll be ok now whats the least i can get away with giving Rafa.

That's always what hes thinking, position doesn't come into it.

There's nothing to be done but wait. Deep breaths. It'll be ok.

I admire your optimism mate but we'll all know how much of a cnut Ashkey is pinch a penny here steal a penny there. I dont fancy 3 or 4 Joselu's this window 

Edited by trooper

Apparently they still want someone in before they'll let Kennedy go so there's fuck all we can do to speed things up.  I'd rather we went for that Belgian striker from them who's name I'm not going to even try to spell.  They've apparently said he can go out on loan.  Not sure why they wouldn't want someone else in before they let him go too like.

It looks like Rafa's not got a great deal of money to spend...

Apparently we've made an approach for Kiko Casilla Real Madrids number 2 keeper who they boughtvfor £5 million 2 years ago 

Also...

Benitez has lodged loan offers for Leicester’s Islam Slimani and Liverpool’s Danny Ings.’

Reading between the lines Ashley's given Rafa a very small budget what do you think lads ?

5 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Apparently they still want someone in before they'll let Kennedy go so there's fuck all we can do to speed things up.  I'd rather we went for that Belgian striker from them who's name I'm not going to even try to spell.  They've apparently said he can go out on loan.  Not sure why they wouldn't want someone else in before they let him go too like.

Batshuayi.

Kenedy so far has played 3 games this season, all in the league cup. "we need someone in" my arse