The January 2018 transfer window thread

PaddockLad

37 minutes ago, trooper said:

It looks like Rafa's not got a great deal of money to spend...

Apparently we've made an approach for Kiko Casilla Real Madrids number 2 keeper who they boughtvfor £5 million 2 years ago 

Also...

Benitez has lodged loan offers for Leicester’s Islam Slimani and Liverpool’s Danny Ings.’

Reading between the lines Ashley's given Rafa a very small budget what do you think lads ?

Not a surprise at all. Why would he spend a load of brass when he's hoping to off load. He fails to see the bugger picture that if he doesn't spend and the takeover falls through were in serious threat of relegation 

£15m for Mitro is what we paid, isn't it? So he's probably decreased in terms of value since then, but PL prices inflation has gone up a lot. So not totally unrealistic! But by treating him as second fiddle to Joselu it's not really going to help our case.

Rob Elliot's 32 this year and not even a guaranteed starter for us, so we'd be lucky to get more than a few million. 

14 minutes ago, trooper said:

Looks like Rafa's request to get any new signings in early has fallen on deaf ears 

Come on troops, man, a day and a half! :lol:  

I fear I'll be with you by Monday though. <_<  

:lol:  

It does baffle me that these things aren't done and dusted by the 1st but I'd say it is an indication it's a tight budget and Rafa probably has to sell to buy.

26 minutes ago, adios said:

:lol:  

It does baffle me that these things aren't done and dusted by the 1st but I'd say it is an indication it's a tight budget and Rafa probably has to sell to buy.

It looks like he wasn't joking when he said on Friday  he still didn't know what his budget was