Virgil van Dijk [Southampton – Liverpool] £75m

2 January

Terence Kongolo [Monaco – Huddersfield] Loan

4 January

Konstantinos Mavropanos [PAS Giannina – Arsenal] Undisclosed

5 January

Ross Barkley [Everton – Chelsea] £15m

Cenk Tosun [Besiktas – Everton] £27m

Has the world-class borehole in our state-of-the-art academy not turned up any talent yet?  

Mike just fucking sell up man, you're like the pube I can't swallow.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, strawb said:

Has anyone else bought anybody yet?

I'd usually be the one saying this but we all know what this window looks like now from experience and we're looking at a very different situation to most other clubs.

Would also be interesting to see what other clubs haven't been linked to a single player yet.

3 hours ago, trooper said:

I'm already there i'm a step ahead of Ashley im waitihg for Rafa's reaction when he realises he's been taken for a mug again.

It doesn't really matter anyway; Rafa's gone if the takeover doesn't happen and likely will be kept on if it does happen.

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He will just give the standard answer.

I cant see him walking though.

I mean at the end of the season.  I can't imagine it not happening then if Ashley's still in charge.

• Like 1

Ashley must know if Rafa walks the deals off unless he's had second thoughts about selling up or never intended in the first place. He would then try to use Rafa as a scapegoat. Ashley "he walked away i dont know why the deals off"

There is no way Ashley cares that much about what any of us think. His mindset for this window will 100% be the same as the last, he doesn't need a scapegoat.

If we're not buying, it will be because we don't have the funds. He's not putting his hands into his pockets for this, he's said it before. I don't think his strategy has changed at all. If the money is there, we'll spend it. If it isn't, we won't. We may need to sell before anything happens. Maybe we've got about £15m to spend but they figure if they can sell Mitro then they can get a striker worth about £25m instead. Who knows.

But it definitely isn't Ashley trying to establish a narrative about the club sale not going through (he doesn't need to justify that to anyone, what can any of us possibly say?) or trying to force Rafa out on the sly when he's only got 6 months left on his contract anyway.

1 hour ago, adios said:

I'd usually be the one saying this but we all know what this window looks like now from experience and we're looking at a very different situation to most other clubs.

Would also be interesting to see what other clubs haven't been linked to a single player yet.

I just think it’s a bit early to be shitting knickers. Nobody around us has strengthened, and the January window is usually started by one team doing something then others following.

Also think being linked with someone means fuck all tbh. We were linked with Turkish lad Everton bough for £27 million (lol) for example.

Definately think we need strengthening, but also of the opinion that unless teams around us strengthen significantly we probably have a manager who can keep us, regardless of the team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

Rafa was expecting the £30 million shortfall that wasn't spent in the summer window. I think whatever he gets or doesnt get he'll be dissapointed.

Considering what we expected (ie not 30 million at all) you must really think rafa is dumb as fuck

11 minutes ago, strawb said:

I just think it’s a bit early to be shitting knickers. Nobody around us has strengthened, and the January window is usually started by one team doing something then others following.

Also think being linked with someone means fuck all tbh. We were linked with Turkish lad Everton bough for £27 million (lol) for example.

Definately think we need strengthening, but also of the opinion that unless teams around us strengthen significantly we probably have a manager who can keep us, regardless of the team.

I'm not sure many of us are shitting knickers, I've said I think we'll get a couple in and probably fly to safety by the seat of our pants. 

I'm just turbosick of how Ashley does things and he appears to be doing it again (hopefully for the last time) when so much is at stake (for him too, the daft cunt).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Considering what we expected (ie not 30 million at all) you must really think rafa is dumb as fuck

So Andrew my bad it's £20 million. 

This from The Mirror on Dec 4th

Rafa Benitez will demand at least £20m to boost his Newcastle squad in January.

The United boss is unsettled by the club’s run of five defeats in six games, with a relegation struggle ahead.

Benitez reckons he needs £20m to buy a new striker, No10 and left back, with goalkeeping options also being looked at.

Benitez was promised a kitty of around £70m last summer for the following three windows, and he’s not got near spending it.