The January 2018 transfer window thread

PaddockLad

21 hours ago, trooper said:

I didnt expect him to say "ive a budget of X amount" but i did expect him to say "yes i know what my budget is"  To not know at such a late stage is taking the piss out of the bloke 

Has any other manager said "Yes I know what my budget is"? When you buy a car, do you tell the dealer "I've got £Xk to spend, what've you got?" Do you shite.

6 hours ago, Graing said:

Heard us linked with Slimani as well, probably a better bet than Deeney. Hasn’t Deeney just finished a 4 match ban for his 2nd Red? No thanks.

Slimani looks like he's getting some games now so I doubt he's gonna leave.

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Slimani looks like he's getting some games now so I doubt he's gonna leave.

Shop window?

You've no option but to use what depth you have over the late december period tbf, once this run of games is over (pretty much as of this weekend) they might let him go out.

Just now, Ant said:

Seems low considering the current market, him being English and the "hype" 

is he running down a contract? so it's a now for something or nothing in the summer scenario? 

Aye, I'm pretty sure Koeman said something in the summer along the lines of Barkley has to sign or new contract or he has to be sold so his contract must be up this June or whatever. I thought he had the potential to be class but he's really stagnated in recent seasons.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aye 6 months left on his contract. Poor move for him, he isn't good enough for them imo and will ultimately wind up on the bench

Homegrown though innit, handy to have.

He's stagnated badly over the last few years, Martinez seemed to think he was a star in the making but had no idea at all how to develop him.

Aye, seems an odd one, don't really think Chelsea are lacking in that department, they're not skint so could conceivably have bought the finished article, and he's not been setting the world alight, has he?

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye, seems an odd one, don't really think Chelsea are lacking in that department, they're not skint so could conceivably have bought the finished article, and he's not been setting the world alight, has he?

Homegrown

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They don't have kids on the books that could fill that need?

Not that've proven themselves as capable premier league players already.

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Not that've proven themselves as capable premier league players already.

I suppose, but to fill the Home Grown quota, they don't need to be yet. I can't imagine Barkley will be commanding a starting place immediately, and will be introduced slowly. Just like a young Chelsea player could.

He’ll be on big money so they’ll see him as part of their main playing squad rather than a prospect to develop. Not that I see him starting many games to begin with.

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He’ll be on big money so they’ll see him as part of their main playing squad rather than a prospect to develop. Not that I see him starting many games to begin with.

Who's he going to replace though?

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Who's he going to replace though?

i don't know. but do you really think they'd splash out £15m and 150k a week, or whatever they're paying him, if he wasn't going to be part of their match day squad? 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't know. but do you really think they'd splash out £15m and 150k a week, or whatever they're paying him, if he wasn't going to be part of their match day squad? 

Fuck all to them, man. How many players do they have on their books?